cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read component from bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i need to read item bom quantity of the bom and fill this value in the char_q of configuration ( refered to STPO-MENGE).

I have already create the following procedure : $SELF.char_q = MDATA $ROOT.char_q  and  assgn it to item bom.

But when run CU50 the char is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniele Pistilli,

If you have created reference characteristic , referring (STPO-MENGE) a not ready for input flag setup at characteristic level.

I suggest Instead of adding reference characteristic in class and expect to input value manually or make changes. Just assign your procedure to BOM item number in BOM and then try to change values based upon user selected value for another characteristic , it will work

refer sap help link , it have simple and easy to understand example

Master Data References in Bills of Material - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Check and reply, I hope it will work for you. .

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

thanks a lot for your advise.

But i would like to know if possibile about you to see in CU50 the quantity of item bom or the quantity in charateristc refered work only dinamically after go of result calculation / mrp ?

Is there any way to see this quantity using a dinamic explosion of the bom?

Thanks

Daniele

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniele Pistilli,

In CU50 you can always see the resiltant BOM and quantity of every item. So not sure if you have some other issue. If you are using reference characterstic for only one item you can include it in class and it may show you value change as soon as you assign value to triggering characterstic.

Please check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

my problem is not in CU50 but in VA01 during configuration.

I have already created a characteristc refered to STPO-MENGE and assigned it to item bom.

But i would like to set value in configuration activity and immediately (through abap function / configuration function ) after result bom to have in other characteristic the value of the item, about you it possible this ?

Thanks a lot

Daniele 

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniele Pistilli,

As i confirm earlier too.

1) In CU50 after assigning value to triggering characterstic you can see the resultant BOM.

2) For a sales order scenario if your sales order is generating order BOM once sales order is save you can see the quantity in order BOM too.

3) If its normal production, after MRP run you can see and confirm this quantities in plan order or production orders.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

Ritesh

I will try to find an alternative soluction.

Daniele

Answers (0)