Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas is mandatory activity

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I am wondering in my system no sales doc type is assigned to any sales area even even though I am able to create sales order. I am wondering how system is working ? till now I used to thought it is a mandatory step and with out this assignment we can not create sales order.

Any expert view over this ?

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

prashant,

In all my projects, I have had to setup this configuration, this was because already some order types were assigned to sales areas. It was mandatory. If no orders types are assigned here, then you wouldn't have to complete this step. (atleast that is what I remember)

TW

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes-It is not mandatory...

You can use OR order type to your newly created sales area too...Standard system will have this option - we can restrict further with your configs at OVAZ.

Note: In addition to this-You can extend any customer to any company code in XD01 even though your sales org is not assigned to these company code.

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note: In addition to this-You can extend any customer to any company code in XD01 even though your sales org is not assigned to these company code.

Phanikumar,

This is an interesting comment! What do you want to convey?

Is it, a customer is extended to a company code and not to sales organization (related to this company code) and this customer can be used in a sales order?

TW

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW

Yes the point i mentioned here like above is -we can pass the benefits to the customer lying in different company code as well..(needless to have sales operations in this newly extended company code)

Let us assume a customer lying in Reliance Communications( with SD operations) & same customer is having operations with Reliance Retail ( only FI operations) as well..( the company codes of both these reliance operations are different)

It is up to the organization whether to have two customer codes or a single customer code.

They can have single customer code with expansion to other company code.

You can pass all your Cr/Dr notes through finance module very easily-if followed above process-because there might be New recon account will be available in newly extended company code...

Hope i reached your point of message in conveying..

Thanks TW.

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us assume a customer lying in Reliance Communications( with SD operations) & same customer is having operations with Reliance Retail ( only FI operations) as well..( the company codes of both these reliance operations are different)

Phanikumar,

A sister concern of Reliance Communication is R Retail, in what business would this entity not have any sales operations but want to get the credit/debit memo; invoice documents from another sister concern to it?

I might be going in more detail but understanding from business pov is important. Thanks!

TW

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes-If you think from customers point of view-this sounds more realistic...if the customer is interested to have his amounts to be settled irrespective of the company he is operating for-then business may go for it by considering the merits/De-merits.

In our client itself --there are times that single customer will get benefitted from two different companies (we are having 5 sister  concerned companies-but management is same)-this process was followed in 2007/8 years-where they use to have single customer code across companies--but later has been decided by business to have different customer codes based on company operating for..

Phanikumar

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

No. It is not a mandatory setting.

If you do not enter any thing in Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types, you can actually any document type in any Sales Area.

This setting is normally maintained with you need to allow / restrict usage of particular Sales Document types in corresponding Sales Areas. For example in Retail Distribution Channel you may not like to allow usage of Wholesale Sales order.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try creating sale orders with one document type and different sales areas.  You will get the answer.

G. Lakshmipathi

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is not mandatory

Read the IMG help associated with Assign Sales Area to Sales Document Types.