Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimization (Stock)

Mukesh_Singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Suppose I have a location "X" which has its own stock and location "X" can get stock transfer from another location "Y" also, How should I configure in SNP optimization so that while running SNP optimization system should consider its own stock i.e STOCK at Location "X" and after that stock transfer can be used as a option from location "Y".

Can we do the above scenario in SNP deployment. If yes then how ?

Please help.

Thanks in Advance

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It could be due to products are preferably stored in locations where the storage costs are zero or at their lowest. If you have high storage cost optimizer will consume the stock first.

Increase the storage costs of products with high levels of warehouse stock. Alternatively, you can maintain a similarly high weighting for storage costs in the SNP cost profile.

Also set the consistency check on the "Extended Settings" tab page in the SNP optimizer profile to "All Checks"

Then check log of the optimization run contains messages about excess stock of individual products.

You can also automatically generate the above costs for non-delivery or storage by activating the automatic cost generation in the optimization profile

Please refer SAP help links,

Deployment Optimization - Deployment - SAP Library

Automatic Cost Generation - Deployment - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you mean deployment optimizer?

Then yes, but if you are unsure how costs impact the results, I would not recommend using the optimizer.   It is not a solve for those unfamiliar with LP Models.

Ken

Answers (0)