cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background task status errors in CLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are experiencing the below errors in the Background task status. but I am unable to understand where the port 7028 is used in CLM system. can you please help:

Error

03/04/2016 09:40 AM (GMT)

odp_alarm

daemon

Alarm Daemon

Unable to send event notice. Event=ODP_EVENT_DATA_IMPORT_MONITOR Owner=-2147482846:10502:Inbound Processing Material Group Files, Source=-2147482846:10502:Inbound Processing Material Group Files, Subtype=1, Multicast Id=*

Description of document

com.sap.odp.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: Connection refused (port 7028 to address xxx.xx.xxx.xxx (o***503a.abcdef.com))

com.sap.odp.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: Connection refused (port 7028 to address xxx.xx.xxx.xxx (o***503a.abcdef.com))
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.Notification.sendPointToPoint(Notification.java:584)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.Notification.send(Notification.java:518)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventComponent.sendNotification(SystemEventComponent.java:493)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventComponent.sendNotification(SystemEventComponent.java:482)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventComponent.postPointToPoint(SystemEventComponent.java:180)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventComponent.post(SystemEventComponent.java:158)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.AlarmDaemon.upgradeToEvent(AlarmDaemon.java:161)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.ResponsibleAlertDaemon.runHook(ResponsibleAlertDaemon.java:156)
at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.ResponsibleDaemonBase.run(ResponsibleDaemonBase.java:301)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:763)
java.net.ConnectException: Connecti...

Thanks for your help in advacne.

Regards,

Mohan K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

This looks like a basis issue. If you are using a clustered environment, then system daemons can be started on either of the cluster servers.

Daemons will need to communicate with each other (even on different servers), and this is where the connection looks to be broken.

Check with your basis team if CLM servers can correctly communicate with each other.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Had a discussion with BASIS colleagues; they informed that o***503a.abcdef.com is the loadbalancer URL which balances the load on 2 available application servers for this system.

Also; if I check the sourcing logs on all the registered servers (we have 8 registered servers. 4 each on application server); I could see the below error:

com.sap.odp.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: Connection refused (port 7026 to address xxx.xx.xxx.xxx (o***503a.abcdef.com))

Basis team also confirm that there is no issue with the system load.

Thanks

Mohan K

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohan,

Bogdan is correct this is a basis problem.  wheter it be how each registered server is identified in the application or if the environment somehow does not allow traffic between the servers on these specific ports.  As Bogdan also suggested each service has to communicate with the others. for dawmon activity and for other actions like cache refresh. If this communication fails there will be quite a few subtle problems in the system. If you are not able to debug the problem and a system restart (complete at the Netweaver level) does not clear up the problem, you should collect screenshots of the registered services (all 8 of them), the cluster configuration and the application logs showing the errors. The support folks will be able to help you with this problem.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks a lot for the kind reply.

I couldn't attach a file with screenshots. how can I send it to support colleagues.

do you suggest me to open an OSS if you need any further details or logs. so that I can attach the log and trace files in a container.

Thanks

Mohan K