Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAL - GOS Attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having an issue with RAL and the logging of actions performed in the GOS attachments list.

My intention is to generate the following information using RAL. I shall use transaction FBL1N as an example.

1. User executes tcode FBL1N <-- this does not need to be logged.

2. User opens document list <-- this does not need to be logged.

3. User opens a document from the list (doc #1234567 as an example) <-- doc number, user, tcode is logged

4. User clicks on GOS Attachment list button and displays attachment list <-- doc number, user, tcode, attachment list is logged

5. User opens, emails, exports an attachment <-- doc number, user, tcode, specific attachment action was performed on is logged

Using RAL we are successful with steps 1, 2 and 3.

However, step 4 we are unable to generate a RAL log which shows the tcode and document number the user was in when they clicked the GOS Attachment list button.

Also, step 5 we have the same issue as step 4, but also have the issue that if there are multiple attachments, the RAL log does not show which of the attachments was opened.

My question is if anyone knows a way to manipulate RAL to perform the tasks which I am seeking to achieve, or if there is another way to log the actions performed in the GOS Attachment list which gives visibility of what tcode, document number the user was in, and specific attachment the actions are being performed on?

Kind regards,

Patrick.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member279328
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

Having a look at this you should be able to achieve your requirements for Number 4 within RAL.

Configure GOS_EXECUTE_SERVICE within the Remote Function Call Channel (Direction = communication client).

This should log doc number (OBJKEY), user, tcode, attachment list display (IP_SERVICE =VIEW_ATTA).

The dynpro channel should give further information of Attachment list display in combination with the RFC channel. i.e. use the two to prove the action.

The combination of the Remote Function Call/Dynpro Channels, using your example FBL1N, should prove that a user used FBL1N, displayed a Document, then viewed the Attachment List with GOS.

For number 5. I haven't found a solution for this through RAL as of yet.

Cheers

Malcolm

4 REPLIES 4

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know about RAL and GOS as I am no expert there but it may be that it's not technically possible. I would try to raise a ticket with SAP to get answer from them or wait here for a response from somebody with better knowledge.

Now, if you get desperate then you can try to come up with something custom. There are some BADIs GOS_* which you could try to use as a point when to create a log. Also every service is implemented as a class that inherits from CL_GOS_SERVICE. E.g. send an object is implemented in method EXECUTE of class CL_GOS_SRV_SEND_OBJECT.It's always method EXECUTE. So you could use implicit enhancement point to add custom logic for logging every executed action. It's not really nice solution as you get another source of events but it may work.

Cheers

former_member279328
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

Having a look at this you should be able to achieve your requirements for Number 4 within RAL.

Configure GOS_EXECUTE_SERVICE within the Remote Function Call Channel (Direction = communication client).

This should log doc number (OBJKEY), user, tcode, attachment list display (IP_SERVICE =VIEW_ATTA).

The dynpro channel should give further information of Attachment list display in combination with the RFC channel. i.e. use the two to prove the action.

The combination of the Remote Function Call/Dynpro Channels, using your example FBL1N, should prove that a user used FBL1N, displayed a Document, then viewed the Attachment List with GOS.

For number 5. I haven't found a solution for this through RAL as of yet.

Cheers

Malcolm

0 Kudos

Thanks Malcolm, I will give it a try and report back my results.

0 Kudos

Works well. Definitely resolves point 4 by displaying the TCODE and Document Number the user was in when they clicked the attachment list.

Thanks for you help.

FYI for anyone reading this thread.

Marked as correct answer for resolving point 4, and confirming there is not an 'out of the (SAP) box' solution for point 5.