cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java mapping Issue 3: Java null pointer exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a Java mapping used for mapping complex structure. Its BPM to SFDC scenario. Java mapping working fine its processing 200+ messages everyday but 1 or 2 messages fails everyday with below error.

Java mapping code attached.

What its failing ? Same Java mapping works fine for 200+ messages but why few messages fails?

reg, avinash M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I think your code is right. Have you checked the payload of the erroneous cases?, you should take the payload and to compare it with a ok case. I think the XML structure could be different.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

I have tested the payload in ESR, it works fine.

at runtime, when message fails with above mentioned error, message status will be cancelled, corrresponding BPM instance will be at suspended status. If I resume the BPM then a new set of messages will be created and successful.

Same payload fails and gets successful. its pretty strange.

Let me know if you any comments else I will ignore this error.

reg, avinash

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

The null variable newChild is going to exist in the w3c dom parsing code so there is some issue happening within the imported libraries.  I would suggest taking one of the failed messages and using the stack trace as the output when the exceptions occur so you can see where exactly the failure is happening.

That doesn't make any sense that running it in the ESR works for the same failed message unless there are some memory issues going on when the message is transformed.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates please.

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I couldnt find the variable "newChild" in the java code. Is there any other code too using newChild variable.

regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OM mapping has 1. Java mapping 2. xslt

I don't know what is newChild at all.

in xslt I dont know what it does exactly.

reg, avinash