Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename 600+ users in CUA implemented 3 system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Task ahead :

Rename around 600+ users in my Production system which is my CUA central system as well. I am having a simple 3 system landscape.

Advice on :

What can be the pitfalls for this activity ?

Since CUA is ON, there would not be a Rename Option available any more...so How to proceed with this activity ?

Is there any negative impact for such renaming actions in the system.

Any inputs would be rewarded handsomely...

Thanks for your time.

Br,

Sri

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by 'rename'? it's possible to remove a system from CUA change users and re-add. Just make sure you run SCUG again after you re-connect.

If you mean change logon names I don't think that is possible whether you have CUA or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geeg,

Don't worry I did many time, it doesn't impant on system. If you think anything happen just check scul logs and let me know

Thanks

Happy

0 Kudos

Hi Happyman,

How do i perfrom the Rename in my central system ? Its OK, i can delete child systems from the centrral CUA and perfrom a rename and then re add it back to CUA...bt my query is how to tackle this issue in central PRD system.

does that means i need to delete the existing CUA altogether and recreate it again after utilising the rename option ?>

Thx for the inputs...

Br,

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Do not know as to exactly if SAP would allow you to rename users. Though there is an option, I had faced a couple of issues in renaming the users. Instead i can suggest a solution.

We can write a CATT tool that copies the users with a different name and deletes the old users. which is an equivalent to renaming users

Regards,

Sowmya.