Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-install max dB 7.2 -precautions

former_member239298
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My maxdB database studio  is not launching .Got screwed up when I try multiple java versions in that pc and it overwrite some settings I think..Now I would like to re-install Ma dB ..

• Should I uninstall Max dB before reinstalling it or can install on top of it
  • If uninstall to be done,just uninstall from Add/Remove pgms or manually have to delete some files?
  • should database backup is compulsory at that time..if yes how to take a dB backup in command prompt
  • Unable to take  backup from another database studio in the same network ,it seems the network connection getting reset and dB backup gets stopped(dont want to use this option)

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I don't understand database studio missed up, but you want to reinstall maxdb? Database studio is just a client tool which is not having direct relation with maxdb database/software.

Anyway regarding your question:

1. you need to first drop the db and then reinstall it
2. you need to first drop the database from the maxdb software, then you can drop maxdb software from installation manager
3. you need to take a backup for the database if you want to use the data again, before dropping, the command can be found from:

HowTo - SAP MaxDB Backup with Database Manager CLI - MaxDB - SCN Wiki

Please note you must restore the backup to another testing system, to make sure the backup is valid, before dropping database

Please note without backup, the drop db action is not repairable.

Best regards,
James