cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to implement many SAP Oracle Parameters specified in SAP Note?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Beginner here.

I am executing tasks as part of the SAP system post-installation process for a single-stack Java AS. I need to update Oracle parameters based on a few SAP Notes ((1431798, 1171650, 1519872). When I open these notes there are many parameters and the list of set and "do not set!" is somewhat convoluted. I downloaded the note to my local drive by selecting "Download" but I don't see how I can use this file without reformatting the whole thing to proper SQL commands.

My question is: is there any easy, fast way of implementing these parameters versus... going to sqlplus, alter system etc. etc. ?

I have Oracle 11g, SAP version 7.4+

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you downloaded the SQL script for Oracle 11G version attached to the SAP note 1171650 - Automated Oracle DB parameter check ? If not I suggest you to download the script and execute it from SQL. There is another script attached to the KBA 2124058 - Oracle Parameter Updater

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

I am not totally understanding your concern?

You cannot perform the parameter check as per note 1171650? The parameter check will list out all the wrong set parameters, you have to manually modify the wrongly set parameters one by one.

Best regards,
James