cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI is being called once during release from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

My technical team has written a BADI for cutomised split fucntion. Whenever I try to copy TS obejcts from DP to SNP, that BADI is called and custom split takes place. However whenever I try to copy multiple product location combinations, the BADI is still called once and the custom split happens for 1 location product. But this is not serving my purpose. I want to schedule a back ground job to release multiple prodcut location combinations with the custom split.

Am I missing any configuration settings?

Please provide inputs.

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

If you are running a DP banckground job with the Release as an activity then check the aggregation level of of job. It should have both location and product selected. This will result in the background activity to be called for each location product combination as per the selection in data selection and that should call your BADI for custom split each time.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath for the prompt reply.

The actual scenario is that we have developed some fucntion modules that are used in the macros. These fucntion modules split the Time series key figures and PIRs.

Thus when TSCOPY and RTSOUTPUT_FCST is executed, the fucntion module is called, the split takes place and the split values are copied to SNP.

But split is successfully happening for 1 product location combination even when multiple product location are added in selection condition for TSCOPY.

I have maitained product and location characterisitc in the release profile.

And I am using the release profile to release the PIRs to SNP.

Can I release Time Series objects with the help of a release profile or is it restriced to Order series key figures(eg PIR etc).

Similarly, when I define an activity, I think I can give sequence of the Macros that are to be performed. When I attach a release profile and a series of macro to an activity, it automatically takes Release profile 1st the sequence. But I want the macro to run first and then the release to happen.

Thanks for help.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

to answer this part of the Q

"Can I release Time Series objects with the help of a release profile or is it restriced to Order series key figures(eg PIR etc)." ...

just a little recap of the functioning of DP and SNP

You dont have PIRs in the true sense in DP. Its just a Time series Key figure called Forecast.

Its when you release it to SNP that the time series Keyfigure becomes Order series data. So you release a Key figure called forecast into SNP category order FA. Now in a SNP planning book a KF called Forecast (9ADFCST usually) aggregates all data of category FA and displays it.

The standard Release forecast program lets you release any KF into SNP to category FA, FB and FC. You can try releasing to other categories but you will get a warning and also the behaviour of this data in SNP may not ascribe to the standard behaviour.

So the question is why do you want to release anything non-forecast to SNP. Does it need to behave like Order series Data or is it enough if it behaves like time series Data. If the answer is the latter..

just create a time seris Kf

add it to the SNP planning area

do a TS copy from DP planning area to SNP planning area

If your answer is the former then you can

create an order type

create a category type

assign the order type to it

use a KF in SNP planning area and point it to this category

Release the TS keyfigure to the orde type you have created

(Am not sure what the behavior of this KF in SNP would be )

I dont understand the reason for the function modules doing the split.. i suppose the location and product split in the release profile were not sufficient

also since it is a BADI i would suppose the responsibility of ensuring the split happens at all Product locations rests with the development team(of couse the functional spec might have mentioned that)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why not create two different activities- one for macros and one for release and then run your job sequentially in two steps.. macro first and then release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish for clearing my concepts.

No, the time series objects don't need to behave like order series in SNP except for forecast.

But the split needs to happen for both, time series and order series key figures.

Also like I mentioned before that in the release profile I have mentioned both the location and prodcut characterisitics.

And the technical tema says that the BADI will only be called once in RTSCOPY and hence it can be executed for only 1 prodcut location combination.

So is there a configuration problem or a technical problem?

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

sandeep

am not sure what the problem is since its caused by the custom built BADI.

i can think of an alternative option...

why not use another interim planning area attached to a MPOS with CVCs set up to duplicate the split using proportions. you can probably create a program developed that will use the same split used in release to generate CVCs and then rtscopy to the interim PA and copy the split values to the SNP PA

think thats feasible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I am working on this issue with Sandeep. Let me restate the probelm again.

We have implemented BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_PA_COPY to copy KF from DP to SNP which has custom split function defined in it.

What we understand is when we copy KF from DP to SNP through SAPAPO/TSCOPY it calls for this BADI.

It works fine when we select one product/location in TSCOPY. but when we select multiple products it is not working eg: Product = * and Location = 6105.

Our developer mentioned that it is limitation of BADI we have implemented.

Now how can we make this work for multiple products. Any pointer would be of great help.

Hope our problem statement is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

I did understand the problem earlier on (though i did not know the BADI you were using)

sorry, I dont know much about this BADI and wont be able to confirm this limitation. Maybe someone else in this forum can give you a better opinion

Also would suggest you raise a message with OSS to check if there is such a limitation (i dont think there should be such a limitation mentioned in the documentation that is with the badi)

My previous post was more of a design to workaround if this limitation does exist.