cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade protection: predecessor conflict between transport request and transport of copies for PRD system

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, dear colleagues.

I need your help with downgrade protection issue.

The problem is that I have some conflicts between transport request and transport of copies for PRD system.

I’m on SM 7.1 SP10, all possible SAP notes for DGP are implemented.

Here is my test scenario:

1. Create two normal changes (NC1 and NC2)

2. Create a transport request in every NC (TR1 for NC1 and TR2 for NC2)

3. Change some object in managed DEV system. Save change to TR1.

4. Change the same object in managed DEV system. Save change to TR2.

5. Create transports of copies (ToC). First ToC1 for TR1, second ToC2 for TR2. Now ToC1 and ToC2 are in import queue of QUA system.

6. Import ToC2 in QUA system (we are using selective import, no IMPORT_ALL). I get pop-up with predecessor conflict because I’m going to import ToC2 before ToC1. Ignore that conflict and go on. Now ToC2 is successfully imported in QUA system.

7. Import ToC1 in QUA system. I get pop-up with imminent conflict because ToC2 is already imported to QUA system and I’m going to perform a downgrade. Ignore that conflict and go on. Now ToC1 is successfully imported in QUA system.

8. Release TR1. It will be located in QUA import queue.

9. And now here is the step where my problem occurs: I perform manual DGP check in NC1 (where my TR1 is). And I get several conflicts:

• predecessor conflict between TR1 and ToC2 for QUA system (and no problem is here);

• predecessor conflict between TR1 and ToC2 for PRD system (and here is the problem!).

As I know, DGP is using tables SCTS_TRACK_* tables (mainly SCTS_TRACK_UPQUE and SCTS_TRACK_MAIN). And I found out that when every ToC is created – an entry in SCTS_TRACK_UPQUE is created for this ToC and each system in system landscape (except DEV): QUA and PRD. So I suppose that my problem is caused by the entry for ToC and PRD system. ToC and PRD system has nothing to do together.

Has anybody faced such a problem? Is it a program bug or some incorrect TMS customizing (for example, routes)?

BR,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also when ToC is created - several entries in table SCTS_TRACK_MAIN are added:

• ToC and DEV system: EXPORT opertaion (OK)
  • ToC and QUA system: IMPORT operation (OK)
  • ToC and PRD system: IMPORT opertaion (not OK)

BR,

Artem