cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column heading and detail misalignment after upgrading Crystal Report Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have our Crystal Reports to view from our web server system.  The web server has our web site set up using ASP.Net and VB.Net.  Our current web server has Windows 7 as the OS and has Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.9 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_9.msi) installed on it.  We use the Crystal Report Viewer to view the reports.  It has been working fine on that system.

Recently we have been planning on moving our web site to a new faster web server system. The new system is running Windows Server 2012 R2 as the OS.  On the new system, I have installed Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.9 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_9.msi).

When I got our web site up and running on the new system, I started testing viewing our reports.  The Crystal Report Viewer would not show at all.  After doing some research on the web, I have found that some old versions of the Crystal Report Runtime does not work with IIS Manager version 8.  So I have downloaded and installed Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.16 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_16.msi)  from your web site.

Now the Crystal Report Viewer is shown but now alot of our reports have columns where the heading and detail is misaligned.  On our current web server, all the reports have columns that are aligned correctly.

My workstation PC is running Windows 7 and has a copy of our web site locally running on it.  My workstation PC has IIS Manager version 7.  When my workstation PC had Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.9 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_9.msi) installed on it, all the reports have columns that are aligned correctly.  After I had Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.16 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_16.msi)  installed on it which basically updated the old runtime to the new runtime, my workstation PC is showing the same problem as the new web server system is showing.  That means the OS and version of IIS Manager does not make any difference.

Attached are 2 screenshots of one of our reports.

The first shows how the report looks on our current web server system.

The second shows how the report looks on our new web server system and my workstation PC.  Note that the detail for PO Total column detail is pushed to the left overlapping the Date/Time value in PO Date column.  PO Total column is a numeric field on the report and is right aligned not left aligned.  I have verified that the Column heading and detail for PO Total column is right aligned.

Yet when I export the report to a PDF file using the Crystal Report Viewer from the web site on the new web server or my workstation PC, all the columns are aligned correctly.

It appears the Crystal Report Viewer is showing it incorrectly.

What is causing this problem?

What to do to resolve this problem?

Please help me as soon as possible.

Let me know if you need additional information and/or screenshots.

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a known issue with SP16.  I would either wait and upgrade to SP17 which is due out at the end of the month or move to SP15 for now, which doesn't have these issues.

Also, with the move to SP15, you'll need to make sure that the code to keep the report in session that is in Page_Load() in SP9 gets moved to Page_Init() for SP15 and newer.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response!  I really appreciate it.

Well, we cannot wait to the end of March to upgrade to SP17. 

On my workstation PC, I ran Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.16 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_16.msi) to uninstall it.  Once it was uninstalled, I downloaded and ran Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.15 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_15.msi).

After that I tried viewing one of our reports that showed the problem and it showed the problem.  I have even tried rebooting my workstation PC and still shows the problem.

Then I ran Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.15 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_15.msi) to uninstall it from my workstation PC and then rebooted my workstation PC.

After my workstation PC came back up, I did not run any other Crystal Report Runtime version and tried viewing one of our reports.  The problem still showed up.

Using windows explorer, I go to C:\Windows\assembly directory on my workstation PC and it still has Crystal Report files there.

How do I know that the Crystal Report Runtime has been completely removed from my workstation PC?

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to completely uninstall Crystal Report Runtime from my workstation PC by going through Control Panel.  After that I can see that the Crystal Report files were no longer in C:\Windows\assembly directory.

Then I ran Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.15 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_15.msi).

After that was installed, I tried viewing one of our reports through the copy of the web site locally running on my workstation PC.  There was no misalignment issue seen in the Crystal Report Viewer.

So then I went through Control Panel on the new web server system to uninstall the Crystal Report Runtime.  Once I have confirmed that the uninstall was successful, I ran Crystal Report Runtime 32-bit version 13.0.15 (CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_15.msi) on the new web server system.

After installation was complete, I viewed one of our reports through the web site running on the new web server system and the Crystal Report Viewer was NOT displayed at all.  The new web server has the web site running in IIS Manager version 8.  In checking the internet for the issue of Crystal Report Viewer NOT being displayed, I have found that that issue was due to the Crystal Report Runtime not supporting IIS Manager version 8.

Now I stuck between 2 issues with the Crystal Report Runtime on our new web server.  Either using SP16 which causes the column misalignment issue in the Crystal Report Viewer or using an older Runtime like SP15 which causes the Crystal Report Viewer NOT to be displayed due to it not supporting IIS Manager version 8.

Please help!!!

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First off, you need to set up SP15 in Visual Studio - use the Install Executable from http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824 for this - and recompile your application with it.  If you have any of the runtimes installed on the developer workstation, uninstall them prior to installing the VS integration.

Then, you'll need to recompile your web app using this version of the SDK.  If you're testing from the computer where VS is installed, you do NOT need to install the runtime to test.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I have uninstalled all the runtimes on my workstation PC and uninstalled the SP9 for Visual Studio.

Then I installed SP15 in Visual Studio.  By the way, I am using Visual Studio 2013.

Then I recompiled my web application using that version of the SDK.

I have tested it on my workstation PC.  It worked fine.  On my workstation PC, the web application is set up in IIS Manager version 7.

I have copied my web application to the new web server system.

Made sure that only the 32-bit SP15 Runtime is installed on the new web server system.

Then I tested the web application on the new web server system.  Crystal Report Viewer does NOT display at all.

My web application is set up in IIS Manager version 8 on the new web server system.

Is IIS Manager version 8 supported with SP15 32-bit runtime?

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think so.  , do you have any thoughts on this?

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Dell and Kieth,

Known issue, SP 17 will have the fix in it.

Incident 111297

KBA 2280594

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell and Don,

Thanks for your help!

Unless you have a pre-release of SP17 that we can download and use, we cannot wait until the end of March for the release of SP17 and so we will need to redo the new web server system to have Windows Server 2008 since that OS has IIS Manager version 7.5.

Sincerely,

Keith Jackson

0 Kudos

Sorry, no early release will be available. If it was it would only be 2 days at most. Beta's are not supported, period...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an update on the release date for SP17?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately a third party update dll is causing some regression issues so they are working on that.

Once they fix it it will be released and just looked, still not RTM folder. Possibly by the end of this week.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too am experiencing this problem.  Are there any new developments on this front? A fix?

Thanks,

Carolyn

0 Kudos

As I posted:

Hi Dell and Kieth,

Known issue, SP 17 will have the fix in it.

Incident 111297

KBA 2280594

Download SP 17 and try again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response.

On second install, it worked just fine.

Apologies, I am a newbie.

Carolyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don, do you have a release date for SP17?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

End of June, beginning of July

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

0 Kudos

I don't know where Ludek got that info from but the actual scheduled release is set for May 30th, possibly end of this week or end of next....

Don