cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC Voilation Notification ( email ) not getting triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , We have a an automatic interface using method LogParametricData under Production service . I have enabled the Perform SPC Analysis for an attribute .

I could get notification generated when i collect data through Data Collection Entry   from POD .  But the notification is NOT getting generated when i push the data using Webservice .

Approaches to Automated Data Collection - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library  

Above documentation link says it should trigger notification if i use logparametricdata , But i unfortunately i am not getting notification when i log the data using WS .

I have also tried PAPI WS createParametricData method under Datacollection service , but this is also not triggering notifications.

We are using SAP ME Version 6.1.4.47

Please help .

Thanks in advance .

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

The web service you are talking about is a legacy WS, and thus it will not be enhanced.

However, PAPI should provide such feature. Please test checkSpc, generateSpcData and validateSPCData calls of DataCollectionServiceWS PAPI web service. If still not working, then it is likely an implementation gap of the PAPI, and you should submit a support ticket against MFG-ME-API component.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Serigy for the reply .

I am not asking to enhance legacy WS . I am just excepting it to be functional as per the documentation .  Those legacy web-services should be up ward compatible , right ?

Approaches to Automated Data Collection - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library 

below is the text from (But it is 6.0 documentation )

This approach has the advantage that SAP ME will apply the DC group processing logic just as if the data had been entered using the Data Collection Entry plug-in (see Data Collection Entry).

6.1 Documentation doesn't articulate the same way but i does recommend to use the same method . It doesn't specify about any PAPI Service .

Automated Data Collection - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

So, Which PAPI method i should try to trigger notifications ? Is there any documentation about those 3 methods you mentioned.  Do you guys ever tried to get this functionality working from SAP  in 6.1 or 15 ?

Thanks

Hari

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

The only documentation available for PAPI is Javadocs. It is not ideal though, and might not provide you with expected description.

No, I have not used those methods.

Anyway, whether those methods are documented or not in the Javadocs, if your test confirms that none of them triggers SPC, then it is either bug or a missing feature which needs implementation. For either case you should submit a support ticket. This is the process.

Regards,

Sergiy