cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCI content into PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to export HCI content into SAP PO. what can I do for it or which steps I should follow ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need more details to help you.

1. What component HCI iflow contains? have you used anything in the Iflow which is only supported by HCI and not PO?
  2. How you are exporting the Iflow from HCI and Importing it into PO?
  3. Are you getting any error when you are importing the Iflow in PO?
  4. What release of HCI and PO you are using?

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

From HCI you can export the wsdl and .xsd file.

Message mapping you can export and if you import into PI it wont be helpful as you have to create supporting MT DT.

Reg, avinash

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Singh,

In addition to points shared by experts,Below link can be taken for reference

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The blog is about PI content into HCI. The OP is asking about HCI content into PI/PO!

Manish,

Where have you developed the HCI content, Eclipse or WebUI? And what's the reason for importing the content from HCI to PO? Is it standard content or custom?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The content on HCI is not a pre defined SAP content. I have created this from scratch.

I have a same requirement to run this from PO. Hence I am checking if it is feasible to import the objects rather than trying to create the interface on PO from start.

Best Regards

vipinkumar_kanchan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

The content was developed in the HCI Eclipse environment. While packaging, we will be creating a WebUI compliant file also which will be directly deployable on HCI WebUI.

Basically since we have started doing developments on HCI, we are looking at whether we also need to do parallel development on PO for supporting customers who have not moved to HCI? We are hoping that there is a way to import the HCI iflows into the PO repository so that we can reuse the developed content in the 2 platforms rather than having to do the development twice.

Best Regards

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using WebUI or Eclipse to create the custom content?

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin

Please look at the comment on my blog

From PI to HCI: My one month adventure with HANA Cloud Integration

It looks like you can only do so from WebUI, but you have to pre-select which target runtime. As such, I don't think it looks like you can create a flow that has Groovy scripts and then deploy it into PO.

I no longer have access to the trial tenant so I cannot verify this. From what I read, I think at best you can only include objects that are non-restricted objects in both runtime. I'm not sure how the WebUI works to impose restrictions when you select a particular product profile.

Since you guys have access to HCI, maybe you can perform some trial and error and share your learnings. As HCI is still a very new product, I think there are still a lot of unknowns!

Regards

Eng Swee

vipinkumar_kanchan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Eng Swee.

That helps in clarifying some things.

The blog from Alexander mentions that you can do this in PO 7.5, so we will need to look at upgrading our PO box to test this out...

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome, Vipin.

HCI is a very new and I think in a lot of its areas, there are more questions than answers! However, not many have their hands (or have it for long) on a system to try it out, so if you do have any findings from your testing, it'd be great to hear of them.

Lastly, if the initial queries on this thread has been sufficiently answered, please ask your colleague to kindly close the thread.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin, Manish

I stumbled upon these while looking through the What's New features.

Enabling Cloud Integration Content in SAP Process Integration - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Librar...

Supported Components, Adapters, and Events - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

It does look like deploying HCI content into PO 7.5 is indeed possible and it looks like a lot of the functionality is supported.

Regards

Eng Swee

vipinkumar_kanchan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for the update. We were also looking at those links. It does seem that this should be possible.

We are currently looking at feasibility of upgrading our PO 7.4 to Po 7.5.

Will update this discussion if we are able to deploy the HCI content on PO and test it out.

Regards,

Vipin Kanchan

Answers (0)