Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of R and PA 2.4

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have couple of queries on the usage of PA 2.4 and R functionality.

1. Is there any documentation that gives me complete list of algorithms supported by PA 2.4?

SS 2. Suppose we plan to build custom analysis using R and PA 2.4,

o   Are there any known limitations?

o   Will PA allow R to make use of its huge list of algorithms supported by R?

Kindly let me know your expert opinion.

Regards,

Saritha K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Thank you for sharing those links.

I went through them and have few open queries still-

1. Does PA 2.4 allow data import from Minitab, web pages? The guide mentions on import from SPSS possible through Automated Analytics.

2. any case studies/documentation on scenarios where PA software has been implemented with/without R integration?

Regards,

Saritha

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Point 1: can you please point me to the documentation reference?

Point 2: apart from the consideration related to algorithms, our "first foot forward" is Automated Analytics as it makes it possible to extend and ease operational predictive analytics beyond the data scientists only and enables automated & large-scale predictive analytics. You can manage all the steps of an operational predictive project from automated data preparation, to automated modeling, bringing your models to production and finally managing and refreshing them on the long-run. 

Expert Analytics is our predictive workbench dedicated to data scientists that want to leverage the full palette of predictive possibilities, including SAP HANA predictive libraries (APL/PAL/AFLs) as well as R. It also implies specific skills in the data science area to be able to prepare & encode the data properly.

I would advise you to start from your business case and see how it can match our solutions. Chances are likely that you address your business case with Automated Analytics.

If you can detail what you are trying to achieve, this would help giving the best advices.

Thanks & regards.

Antoine

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

For point 1, I had referred to Presentation of SAP Predictive Analytics [

Product Description and Technical Specifications document under section Product Description

Pg 5]

for discussing point 2, Can I send a mail to your official id please?

Regards,

Saritha

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Point 1 SPSS yes, minitab no. Content of web pages can be copied/pasted to clipboard and imported into Expert Analytics. Our latest PAM is here: https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/Pred_Ana_20.pdf

Point 2 I have no bandwidth to go into the details these days (sorry) and unless it's confidential I think it's beneficial if you can expose the use case / questions to the user community, let me know.

In the meantime you might be interested by the use cases described here http://go.sap.com/docs/download/2014/08/d899e2d4-4a7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf and there Predictive Pearl: Personalize Your Mobile Marketing with SAP Predictive Analytics Solutions - YouTub...

Cheers,

Antoine

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for your response. Incase of any further doubts, will open up a new thread.

Regards,

Saritha

Answers (0)