cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation run in New Asset Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have installed Simple Finance 2.0 in our system. I have configured New Asset Accounting and posted acquisition.

For depreciation, SAP mentions that "Period end closing can be performed even if there are errors on individual assets". This implies that depreciation will be run and posted for the assets which are without errors and for assets where there is any issue,depreciation is required to be run after making corrections to those assets.

However, when I executed depreciation for multiple assets,system threw an error and did not post depreciation for any asset.The error was with one asset only and system should have posted depreciation for the remaining assets but that did not happen.

We have the same situation in ECC 6.0 and understood that the same has been resolved in S/4 HANA Finance-New Asset Accounting as mentioned by SAP (please refer 2nd para quoted statement) .

Have I missed out any configuration ? or Am I following an incorrect process ? Any suggestion ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This feature ( despite that fact that you have ab error for some assets, afab post docs for correct assets) is not require any specific config.

Check directly in acdoca for these docs, you might be confused with ledger group or something else...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

There are two assets for which I am trying to post depreciation for Dec'2015.Out of these two assets, asset 2000030 is mapped to a cost center which is blocked.However,the another asset 2000031is mapped to a cost center for which system should have posted depreciation.Please find below screenshot which depicts the error details :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but if you run in productive mode, then correct asset should not be on the screen for the next test run .That's why I assume that you didn't run in productive mode.

Run it, and system should post don in LG ledger (be attentive when search this doc in fb03)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey,

I had given you the screenshot of the test run.Based on your advise,I executed depreciation in production run but system didnt post depreciation for the correct assets.The issues are :-

1. The error was with asset 2000030,so system should have posted depreciation for the remaining assets but it didnt post depreciation for depreciation area 01.

2. System has posted depreciation for the remaining correct assets for depreciation area 30 (non leading ledger).

Why system did not post depreciation for leading ledger for correct assets i.e. for depreciation area 01 (leading ledger).

Screenshot below for your reference :-

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quite interesting.

Do you have a test scenario in Test system? If yes, remove the block on the cost center ad try posting?

If this works, then we need to see if we need to enable something with SAP Notes.

NSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhulu,

After removing the block,system posts depreciation.My concern is if there are no errors on few assets then system should post depreciation for those assets.This is a new functionality in New asset accounting where even if there are errors on individual assets,depreciation can be posted for remaining assets.

Please suggest.