cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MatrixLayout placing UI element in a specific cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I'm working on a WD right now and I need to place a few UI elements in the right side of the WD and the rest on the left side for example.

I know how to group elements but I don't know how to place them to the right side of the screen. I thought about the MatrixLayout and put the elements into a specific cell. But I can't find out where to selected in which cell the elements should be placed.

To sum it up:

"How can I place UI elements in a WD on the right side of the screen and other elements on the left side?"

Does it work with the MatrixLayout, and how?

Should I use something else than the MatrixLayout?

I'm very thankful for every hint

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create two transparent containers, put one on the left and the other on the right, and place inside the elements you want...

You can play with the property VGutter of the containers to separete them a bit

---

Or if you want to align the element to the right side of the screen you can try the following;

First put in your transparent container the property width with the value 100%.

If you have two elements in the same line in your transparent container. In the first one (at the left) change the value of the property Width (within the "Layout Data (MatrixHeadData)" panel) to 80% for example. With this you can see the other element is displaced to the right...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so I'm going to experiment a bit with the transparent container and the align-attribute.

Looks quite good now.

Thanks for the hint!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried the same using Grid Layout?.

Try to place the elements which you want to display it at the right side in transparent container and set the alignment as right and remaining as left as per your requirement.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it with the GridLayout. But my UI_Container for my ALV doesn't align right 😕 I put it in a transparent container and align this one right, didn't make any difference. Is there a problem to align an ALV or an UI_container to the right maybe?