cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed: Some input / guide to writing DT for complex XML files

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

So I've got a rather complex CIS interface response file that I need to get the response code from to send to our ECC system, via idoc.. The structure of the XML is quite complex. Can anybody suggest a method to write the DT/MT's quickly and accurately. I can only think that to go from top to bottom, working out which DT begots its child DT and work that way.. Unless theres a better way... Below is an example of the XML and the data I want to send to eCC is highlighted...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

Try Generating XSD from the XML file using the below link

Free Online XSD/XML Schema Generator From XML - FreeFormatter.com

and try importing the same in DT ,XSD import option in ESR.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyways: The third party you are trying  to integrate should really  provide you with a WSDL from the very start in such cases. There's hardly ever a need to create a DT for yourself from bottom up for the 3rd party side of an interface (provided  your 3rd party isn't half-witted or  trolling )

But as I see you got hands on the WSDL, and as TGIF applys, I'll call it a day.

Cheers

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

Hah, thanks Jens..

Just smashing out the config now !!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did that work George?

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought it was going to but realize I'm missing the success response part of the xsd. I've managed to get into our OLD pi 7.0 box and was hoping to just export the wsdl / xsd from there and import to 7.4 but it doesn't seem to be that simple?!

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

I've managed to get the definition into PI, but now I'm getting the error when trying to activate the wsdl.

Any ideas?

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

imported as a wsdl instead of xsd

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George

By any chance does either one of the attached WSDL fit your needs?

Regards

Eng Swee

PS: The system does not allow me to upload .wsdl files, so I've renamed them to .txt

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

No, that's the HMRC response for Early tax returns.. Thanks anyway.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George

I compared the WSDLs against the structure in your initial screenshots and noticed it contains all the elements required.

Anyway, can you confirm if you managed to get the WSDL from the third party instead or some other manner?

Regards

Eng Swee

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought id managed to export wsdl / xsd from our old 7.0 box but when importing to 7.4 I get a issue, as below:

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

Your XSD might have an external refermce.Refer the below link to how to import XSD with external references

former_member233999
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Probably through my inexperience I missed that, I was looking for a direct match file and wasn't aware you could use a incomplete match.

Thanks for your help.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello George,

Great..

close the thread if your query is addressed.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, ideally it's best to have a direct match where the definition (XSD or WSDL) contains all the fields that you'd expect to be populated during runtime. The best way would always be to get it from the third party who owns the service.

It's just in the case where you can't get a hold on such a "complete" definition, then you can make do with an incomplete one as a start, and make adjustments as you go along.

Anyway, glad that it's all sorted for you now!

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I prefer to use external definitions option. With a third party tool like XMLSPY or editxFree you can construct your XSDs really very quick.

Regards.