Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro billing VFRB - determine different item category

rico_berg2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi fellow SDers,

I'm looking for a way to determine an item category which is different from the referenced billing document when generating a retro billing. We have invoices from scheduling agreements with item category LZN which I need to derive to item category ZRB (retro billing).

The reason for this is the correct determination of the foreign trade export procedure according to T616Z. The LZN points to procedure 21 (tax exempt export) which is correct but a retro billing should point to 25 (for a credit) or 26 (for a debit).

Another argument to have a different item category is that VFRB copies the entire billed quantity of the reference which leads to incoherent weights in the Intrastat report.

For example: The invoice was EUR 20,000 for 1000 PC which weigh 100 KG. This is correctly reported in Intrastat as a regular export, procedure 21. Now the retro billing takes the 1000 PC at 100KG but only at say EUR 150, for the same commodity code and procedure 21.

With a different item category in the retro billing I could point to the correct export procedure.

I'm inclined to think that this requires additional coding with a user exit or, at best, perhaps a copy routine but still hoping there is a standard way.

Any hint is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a silly question probably, but can't you simply determine a different item category in the original document?

This would save you the hassle of dealing with developments.

rico_berg2
Explorer
0 Kudos

No. The original document must have procedure 21 while the retro billing must be 25 or 26. The only customising table I know is T616Z which determines the procedure through the item category. VFRB allows to choose the document type but not a different item category than the original invoice.

Thanks for your reply anyway.