Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice quantity issue

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have sub contracting Sales Order, I have invoiced to a customer for 12  units rather than

10. Only 10 units have been issued, is there any way we can get this order to show the correct amount in the invoice please?

If I will use invoice correction then then problem is that Sales order only says 10 where as the Invoice says 12, if we credit the 2 this will cause issues with stock levels with in SAP. So please advise.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

standard system will not allow to do changes in order quantity if billing already made. Also pleases check the billing relevance at item level , it should be set as G if you want to control the quantity n invoice should not more than the GR quantity. currently you have set B that the reason system is allowing this, however this is not correct. Please check the config.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes do check the billing quantity indicator for copy control settings and VOV7. You need to check up the configuration first and is this the 1st case against which your client faced an issue? Do check out SPRO when accessible and share your findings accordingly. Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I am not sure how come, system has allowed to invoice more than the sale order quantity.  With the standard configuration, you cannot over invoice.  So first you need to share here whether you copy standard configuration or customization is involved.  Also coming to your query, it is not possible to change the quantity in sale order unless the subsequent documents are reversed

G. Lakshmipathi

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmi,

I saw client has done SO then PO then Invoice. I do not see any GR as well. I do not have an access to client IMG so it's difficult for me what they have done.But I think we need to change the copy control ?

Regards

Ravi

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi

Our main issue is that the invoice has invoiced 12 units rather than the 10 that actually were sold. As this went through a third party (contractor) no shipment was created as there was no shipment from our client, the third party make the delivery from their company. We just need help correcting this invoice and help to stop this happening again. We want to avoid using a credit note if possible as this will look very messy to our customer.

Regards

Ravi