Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Upgrade 742

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some doubts.

Its been quite a while since i did a major kernel change. Currently have 721 and going to 742 for a solman 7.1.

Some doubts, is JSPM still relevant for upgrading java stack?

I already downloaded the necessary kernel and trying to update using the extract and copy files method ( I am very familiar with this method).

But solman being dual stack and my earlier exp. that need to use JSPM having me confused with all the changes, classic SAP confusion any help appreciated tks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

First check the PAM if the kernel 742 is supported on your Solution Manager or not.
As far as I remember, Kernel 742 is for systems based on SAP Netweaver 7.4

Regards,
Gaurav

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So Solution Manager 7.1 is not based on NW 7.4? How do we check this?

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Please check the PAM for kernel which is supported for Solution Manager 7.1
And then you can use the latest patch of that kernel.

PAM: http://service.sap.com/pam

Regards,
Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Jack,

no JSPM is no longer relevant and no longer supported. Please use SUM to update your Java stack.

Refer to 943148 - Replacement of Java Support Package Manager (JSPM) via SL Toolset.

If you only update the kernel you use the option "manual prepared directory" in SUM.

Regards

Thomas

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

oh.. ok.

So when i choose manual directory I select the extracted or NON-extracted folder?

also i can do the traditional folder rename and overwrite files method as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is correct. You download SAPEXE...CAR and SAPEXEDB...CAR, place them in a directory and point SUM at that directory. Make sure there is nothing else in that directory.

However, my understanding is as well that Solution Manager 7.1 is only supported on the 7.2x kernels.