cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Certification for Basis Administrators

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Basis Consultant having 9 years of experience including Implementations,Upgrade,Migrations and Production support.

As SAP is now everything with Hana and it has become mandatory for Basis administrators to have skill set on Hana

I do not have any hands on experience on Hana and the only option I have is to get certified to gain knowledge and start working on Hana.

I have seen many blogs but getting confused which part of Hana I should focus and required to learn as a Basis Administrator.

Could you please guide me where to start and which certification should I take up pursue my career as a Basis Administrator with Hana certified 🙂

Regards,

Srujay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srujay,

These links can help you.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

davidebruno
Participant
0 Kudos

You had a good idea

SAP HANA is the future!

0 Kudos

HI experts,

thank you for your suggestions. So what i understand is that as a basis administartor

better to go with HANASUP and HANATECH. So what kind of HA pdf i have to read fir this.

will HA100 and HA200 be sufficient?

Regards,

Srujay

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srujay,

On training.sap.com page you will find the certification codes and there in topic areas of each the percentages and the course codes are given. Starting from the higher percentaged topics cover all books or guides to be ready.

C_HANATEC151 - SAP Certified Technology Associate - SAP HANA (Edition 2015)

C_HANASUP_1 - SAP Certified Support Associate - SAP HANA

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujay.

My profile is similar to yours.

I also decided to move to SAP HANA and learn as much as i can.

First, I recomend you to get hands on some SAP HANA system. If in your sap basis background you have work with MAXdb, TREX you will notice some similarities

Next, study, study, study.

• There are a lot of info from HANA available for free in SAP.
  • There are courses for free in OPEN SAP.
  • There is the free Learning Hubs courses.
  • As mentoned above by Yuksel, in SCN there are also a lot of info about SAP HANA and mainly how to approach the SAP Hana Certification´s.

Then, when you have a deeper knowledge about Hana and some experience go for the Certification:

1º - C_HANASUP_1

2º - C_HANATEC1**

3 - E_HANAINS1**

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that HANASUP and HANATECH are similar. Both asks mostly from HA200 Book.

HANASUP is for support puposes.

If you are a BASIS admin you can skip HANASUP and directly have HANATEC exam in my opinion.

HANATEC is prerequisite of HANAINST.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuksel.

I already did C_HANASUP1 and C_HANATEC151, and they are different.

C_HANASUP is more detailled in support activities.

C_HANATECH_151 is very different, there is a focus in the all HANA envoirment / infrastructure and not only support activities.

This is just my opinion.

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira