Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header discount should not apply to line items in PO

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring a header price discount condition type to apply discount only to the total price. What I observe is that the discount is being applied to all the line items in the purchase order. How can I control this in the configuration

Regards

Nevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you interpret the first sentence in the documentation: Distribution Between Header and Items - Pricing and Conditions

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen and Biju. I am able to create a freight condition type in the header which does not change the net price of the line items. I was wondering if I could configure discount in the same way where the net price is not changes

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you are opting discount and with respect to which reference price( material gross price)!

The nature of discount is from material gross price on calculation prospective  and then populate the NET PRICE in PO for a material where your requirement is unjustified for discount act as differently in header and item levels!

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How does this undistributed condition behalf during the purchase to pay process?

Let us assume you have 2 items in the PO, and this undistributed freight condition with 5$

item 1: 1 EA @ 10$/EA

item 2: 2 KG @   2$/kg

When you post the receipt then you will get 14$ at you stock account and 14$ at the GR/IR account.

The invoice from your vendor shows 19$

How is this then posted?

Vendor account 19$, that's clear, but what are the other accounts, probably 14$ to GR/IR and 5$ to a difference account.

So you are actually planning differences?

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

What I am trying to do is if I have a PO of 2 line items

item 1: 1EA of 55$

item 2: 1 EA of 65$

The vendor is giving me a 5 $ discount on the total price rather than each individual item. So the total would 120-5=115$. I am trying this scenario.Can we configure this scenario such that the material prices are not changed

For the freight I observed that the condition type is statistical and a separate account is assigned to it.

Regards

Nevin

nevin_philip
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

For the freight , we have maintained the condition type as statistical and have maintained a G/L account. So the freight gets hit to that G/L account while GR is done.

I was looking at a similar scenario where the discount can be applied on the total PO gross rather than each line item as the vendor has given a discount on the total rather than individual price as we do not want to affect the moving average price

Regards

Nevin

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If total value varies based on material price- better check to go for value scale. Refer

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3193415

Refer how to use group condition and details settings

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3197014

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show the accounting document of such a receipt, I still have difficulties to understand how a posting for a header condition can be made while you receive an item that does not have any information about that in its item conditions.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure about requirement , If  so- what is the issue you are having when a condition type available in header and in item level?

Regards,

Biju K