cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications based on brf+ rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

Is there a way to send out notifications based on request attributes? We would like to send out a different closing email if the request contains certain roles. Is this possible? I've tried searching for the notification variables rule which is a rule kind, but I can't find exactly what I want.

Regards

Maria Alejandra Piedra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you want to “control” notifications sent by the MSMP workflows, it is possible.

You will need to implement BADI BADI_GRFN_MSMP_NOTIFICATION.

For more details, you should have a look at SNote 1589130 - "GRC AC 10.0 - MSMP Notification Override BADi - Enabling".
The note title mentions 10.0 but I have used it in 10.1 and it works fine.

If you do not know ABAP, consider having a look together with one of the ABAP developer in your team.

In this BADI, you have access to all the information you need about the current request:

Based on this information, you will then be able to modify the “normal” behaviour of the notification process.

In your case, I would look into table T_LINE_ITEMS for the roles and change the notification variables accordingly.

Best Regards,

Jairo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jairo

Thank you very much for your reply. I don't know if I would want to go to that extent of changing the BADI. Do you know by any chance what's the functionality of notification variable rules?

Regards

Maria

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria.

Were you lucky in creating a BRF+ MSMP notification rule ?

I am askin because I have the same issue and I did not find any help in previous posts.

Regards,

Roque.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roque

I have this pending because I need to work with a developer to implement the ABAP code and see if it'll work. As soon as I can determine if it's feasible or not, I'll update this article.

Regards

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

The functionality behind the "notification variable rules" will change accordingly with your MSMP set-up. By default, it's using a function module based rule... in other words an ABAP function module.

You will have to look at your own MSMP set-up but by default it's GRAC_NOTIF_VAR_RULE_AR.

Here is how to find it :

This solution will also need ABAP knowledge because you will need to enhance the standard code.

BADIs and enhancements are provide by SAP as user-exits so we can modify the behaviour of the system without touching to the standard code.

Best Regards,

Jairo

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as i do not have access to GRC now, i cannot check decision table. however, your decision table should contain template as Rule result. diff. templates can then be assigned to diff. documents

BR

plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plaban

Thank you very much for your response. What I don't know is how to create the rule, I know how to create initiator and agent rules, however I don't know how notification rules work, that's basically what I'm looking for.

Regards

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

When I searched for  "BRF+ notification rules" Google returned 357 results, including numerous discussions here on SCN.  Per SCN Rules of Engagement, please search before posting. If none of those 357 results answers your question, a specific follow up question is appropriate. Thank you for helping future SCN users by following the rules.

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gretchen

I know there are a lot of google search results but none have the information I'm requesting. The ones that are related to the notification brf+ rule are not answered, hence I can't really use those.

The rest mention how to customize the notifications, meaning the text within the notification, which I've already done and is not what I'm asking for.

So if anyone could point me to a note, article, blog or whatever that has the same explanation as an initiator rule, I would appreciate it.

Regards

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

Yes, that is unfortunate when questions go unanswered. I would focus on blogs and documents. You might have better luck in the Business Rules Management space.

Good luck!

Gretchen