cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web dispatcher, zones and workload distribution on WebAS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering ... is it a NECESSITY to assign portal content to workload distribution zones, or is it possible to create only the zones (parameters in SAP Web Dispatcher) to control via Web Dispatcher, which app server all client requests coming through that dispatcher are routed to?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jochen_rundholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

workload distribution zones are not a must, just a nice to have. I suppose your second idea using the server file is the better idea.

Regards, Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I might put this another way, looking for experience or creative ideas now! I have a 3-node WebAS cluster (CI + 2x DI). In front of this are two SAP Web Dispatchers used to provide SSL (and some load balancing). One WEB Dispatcher is accessible via internet, the other from local LAN. We need to ensure that the Dispatcher accessed from the internet ONLY routes http(s) to a dedicated DI node. Looking for possibilities using workload distribution, or other wdisp params for the SAP Web Dispatcher. Maybe server_info_location as a file? and specify the node we don't want to hit with LB quantity zero?

Thanks again.