Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Requirement in File Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a following requirement,

For outbound scenarios we are connecting to legacy server through FTP, my requirement is to archive the files that i fetch from legacy server in to AL11(ECC) directory.

As we are connecting through FTP , i can provide archive directory of the legacy server in the channel, but rather than archiving it in legacy server i need to archive it in AL11(ECC) using the same channel. Do we have any solutions/suggestions to archive the files in AL11 as per my requirement?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Lokesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

That is not possible Archive option in channel only archive in the legacy server, if you want to archive you can add another service interface under interface determination and send the file to ECC AL11 directory.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

You can talk with your basis to provide you a batch file to do the connection via ftp and do the file movement. You can call the batch file on OS command after processing: Defining Operating System Commands Before/After Processing - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki Vila,

We are using PI7.4 Java only(Single stack) installation, is it possible to archive the files in AL11(ECC) before processing in PI using these OS Commands ?

If yes, can you please elaborate a bit on the same. Will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Lokesh.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lokesh,

Use the commands in the option before message processing

In order to archive the files before PI processing.