cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:Chart Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can any one say why we should go for waterfall , stackedbar and floatingbar chart types, and what are the uses of them.

Thanks,

chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A few descriptions for you:

The waterfall chart is very useful for showing components that contribute to a larger total, but that can be either positive or negative values. Examples would be contributions to profitability, etc. The waterfall chart includes an initial value, "n" number of constituent values (which are added/subtracted in a cumulative manner), and a calculated "final" value.

The stackedbar can be used in a similar way - you can think of it as a "vertical" pie chart. These are used to show individual contributions to a larger subtotal, but often when there are more than one "subtotal" to show.

The floating bar is used to show a "range" of values, such as the trading range of a stock price, or the statistical ranges of a value. You can see an example in a tag-based line chart by right clicking on the chart and selecting "Show Statistics".

- Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your valuable answer, can u also say in what way they are useful for business purpose.

Thanks & Regards,

chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I fully agree with you in your point of using these chart types. I wunder which release you are working with because when I am using the waterfall chart with a G/L Account hieararchy as base, I always get the delta chart instead og the waterfall. I am working with 7.0 suppport stack 11.

Another question; you are mentioning the 'floating bar'. I am really missing this chart type, but I haven't found the chart type in our release. Do you know in which release it becomes available.

Best regards,

Helle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Analyzing data ;*)

Answers (0)