cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: How to handle a table with dynamic id when navigating tabs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 3.0 experts,

I am facing this issue.

Use case:

I am running a customised tcode made by us. It shows 4 tabs, and under each tab there is a table. What we want is to pick up a cell info when user clicks a row of the table under a selected tab.

The issue:

I implemented a script to pickup the cell info, and attach the script to the table under a tab, say tab-1. At the very first time to load the screen, user's click works fine as expected. But if after loading the screen, user first click other tabs and then select tab-1, now nothing happens when user click the table row.

Cause:

I found out that whenever user clicks the other tabs and back, the id of the table under the tab-1 got changed. Thus, the "new" table does not have the script func attached, and the script cannot find the table object with the original id.

Can this be solved using the "control overwrite rule"? If so, how do we set the rule for this issue? Below is an example data:

Screen: "myScreen"

Screen number: "1000"

Program: "myProg"

The id change follows this pattern:

Original id:   "/ABC/DEF/TBL/Shell"

The new ids: "/ABC/DEF/TBL[1]/Shell"

"/ABC/DEF/TBL[2]/Shell"

The front part of the id keep the same, except the second last one changed everytime, like [1], [2], [3],....

How to write the rule for such an id?

Thanks.

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi dong,

yes you can handle that using control overwrite.

create a new control overwrite rule from admin transaction.

control Id alias : /ABC/DEF/TBL[*

try this once.

But i would recommend that you should open a message with us so that we take a look into your transaction and make sure that overwrite rules are correct and no more are needed.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

In the example case, I tried these but they did not solve the issue:

/ABC/DEF/TBL*/Shell

/ABC/DEF/*/Shell

I will give a try of yours. Thx.

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

The id includes /TBL/ and /TBL[n] cases. Do you think /TBL[* also include /TBL/ case?

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing more:

When I look at teh Personas UI, teh screen number is 9000. But if I check the tcode from backend, the screen number is 1000. Which one is correct? Thanks.

Dong

0 Kudos

hi dong,

well thats why i am in favor of you giving us access to your custom transaction through css message.

I am not sure whether you are giving complete information here for me to provide control/screen overwrite which will be correct. SO thats why i need to see the whole transaction.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx. I will do that tomorrow. By the way, here are the real id patterns:

wnd[0]/usr/tabsWOC_DATA/tabpWOC_DATA_FC1/ssub9001_SCA:ZEAM_WOC_SELECTION:9001/cntlCC_9001/shellcont/shell

and other ids with only the last part different like this:

.../shellcont[n]/shell

where "n" can be 1, 2, 3... depending how many times you navigate to othe tabs. Can you figure out what id alias should be used for these?
I am stcking on this now. 😞

Thanks a lot!

Dong