cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm - Transport Strategy (Quality Gate)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we want to realize the following.

We want to setup different maintenance plans.

One of them should be a very short one.

This is our target.

We have one maintenance plan for "Customizing" like storage locations, shipping places, ...

So customizing, which is more master data instead of really configurations...

This should be transported into productive system automatically once a week.

So far so good, however, I can only do transports into the productive system if I change the maintenance plan to "Deploy"-phase.

This means, I have to craete every week a new maintenance-cycle and switching all the phases....so really a lot of work for might be just a "bit work".

This is how we want to realize this.

So we want to have one day a week, where this changes get active - therefore we don't want to use an "Urgent change", as this will be active immediatly.

In quality gate configuration I alredy tried to change the system role Productive System to phase "Build".

So according to description this means, already in phase "Build" it should be possible to transport into live-system.

However, in transaction SCAM it isn't possible to do this, as I get the error that in this phase this isn#t allowed.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor

Hi Anon,

first of all the requirement you have is very common and for this you don't need QGM to solve it

ChaRM itself is more than sufficent

Further, you can change the maintenance cycle phase from In Development with Release to Go Live and then back to In development with release post import into production

this is normal process during go live for regular corrections

Also if you have status dependent import then only the TR for which Change Document having the relevant status will be imported.

thus, at any point of time you can switch maintenance cycle phase to do import as per regular release maintenance for your requirement and then set it back to In development with Release

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

yes, but if I want to use TMS in Charm I have to set a QGM right?

Or is it also possible to do it without the QGM?

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

No that is not correct.

You can always use STMS for a managed system whenever you want it but it is not recommended to do that when you have charm or QGM

There is a concept of status switches in the charm project ...check below KBA for reference.

2029982 - Why is system missing from Show Project Status Switches screen? - Solution Manager

This will allow you to make import directly in managed system but i still suggest you to avoid direct stms changes

only incase of emergency etc you can use status switches to do the same.

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes exactly, this function I already know, and as written by you, this is also not what we want.

Do you know any other way, how I can schedule the import job in SCAM, in phase BUILD?

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

thx for this, unfortunatly we are on SP8.

I will check another way now, with project-phase changes with help of DNO_CUST04

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you Prakhar for you help.

I think the way with switching the phases manually will be the solution for changes, which I also want to schedule in a short period and which are not from a project (and also not urgent requests)!

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One last question I have.

I am looking for a document, which describes how transports are done in Normal Changes, Urgent Changes and Defect Corrections.

Do you know one, also with a process flowchart?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

you can refer the standard documentation below for processing normal changes

Processing Normal Changes - Change Request Management - SAP Library

further its more of a specific use case for each customer and its relevant landscape ....because every customer has a different requirement

Thanks again

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (0)