cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining upper / lower limit by percentage on pricing condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD experts,

We have created a pricing conditon type xxxx with condition class based on prices and calculation type set to quantity

Now we received a business requirement that they want to set an upper / lower limit based on percentages and not value, for instance, the lower limit will be 5% of list price and upper limit will be 100% of list price

I have tried creating an upper / lower limit using percentages but it does not apply when i create a sales document and manually change the prices lower than the defined limit i created, If i change the upper / lower limit using calculation type- Quantity and add an upper / lower limit based on value, then it works fine and i get a message flagged up in the sales document when i change the price below or above the agreed limits

This must be the case as the pricing condition calculation type was set on a quantity basis

The only issue here is the business prefers the limits to be set on a percentage basis and not value, so was just wandering if there are any work arounds to achieve the limits set by percentage basis

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Still the same issue, Like i said in the earlier thread, condition class maintained as B ( price ) calculation type C ( quantity) If i use this combination to define an upper/ lower limit and maintain it using calculation type C ( quantity) and maintain an upper/lower limit in value it definitely works in the sales document

if i change the calculation type to A ( percentage) it does not work and this is what the business requires

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, it's working at my end perfectly for my discount condition as per standard behavior of the system. Just change the calculation type for your condition type to percentage and this will work. Sharing snapshots for your kind reference. Match the settings accordingly and feel free to ask in case you need any help on this. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input, the upper/ lower limit works fine if used with a discount condition type

Currently, we have a list price set up with condition class B- prices and calculation type is C - Quantity

So if i define an upper/lower limit for this condition type using calculation type ''percentages'' it does not pull through my sales order but if i change the calculation type to C- Quantity, based on value, then it works

The business wants us to set this limits based on percentages and not value

Thanks

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will work for all condition class whether its price or discount, however if you want to control the upper and lower limit by percentage, then calculation type should be A. If you want to control at quantity level then you need to set the calculation type accordingly and set up the master data in VK11.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, this should work for you irrespective of condition class. For my condition ZXXX, i've set the condition class as B and calculation type as A. Now i've maintained the lower and upper limit for this particular condition and system is behaving correctly its prompting me with an error doesn't matter even if the condition is manual or automatic. Can you please cross verify the IMG settings once and provide your feedback accordingly. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you try using condition class B( price) and calculation type C ( quantity) in the condition type IMG ,  try to define an upper/lower limit using calculation type A ( percentage) and see if this works in the sales order document

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the answer is in your above reply, why you're maintaining calculation type as 'C' when you're maintaining the limits in percentage? The rate unit in your pricing schema will be picked from the condition record that you'll be maintaining in VK11, how system will know that your price maintained in VK11 suppose is 1,653,000 PKR and the limits you've defined is in between 20% and 100% should restrict system lesser then 20% of 1,653,000 and not greater then 100% of 1,653,000?

The comparison has to be rate vs rate and percentage vs percentage. Even if your calculation type is 'C' for your condition record to make this work you've to change the calculation type to 'A' while maintaining condition record in VK11. To cater this, why don't you add additional step in your pricing schema to calculate the maximum and minimum percentage via some customized routine of your main price and then set upper and lower range for this condition to restrict the limits. Do let me know in case you need further help on this, this can also be catered via enhancement and other customized solutions viable only when the limits are not changeable and fixed by the business but i would suggest you to stick with the standard behavior of the system. Looking forward to your reply and interested in knowing that what you got in store after my this reply. Thanks.