cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2016 release dates

0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are currently using Crystal reports 2013. We want to know when Crystal reports 2016 will be released; Will it be a independent product as CR2013 or does it come along with some other package.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R Guru,

Crystal Server 2016 i.e. Version 4.2 was scheduled to released in late March 2016 probably. Currently 4.2 is in Ramp up and I believe it will be available for customers soon.

For reference you can check :

BI4.2 GA is planned for Q1 2016.

It will be available as Full Build and you can also update Crystal Server 2013 to 2016 as it is 4.x architecture.

Regards,

Mahak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any additional information on the status of the release of the stand-alone version of Crystal Reports 2016?  I really need to upgrade from out 2008 version.  If I go ahead and get 2013, will I get a free update to 2016 when released?

TIA...

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

Crystal Designer 2016 (BI 4.2) is already released. If you wanted to use Crystal designer 2016 then yes you have to upgrade the server also to the same patch and same level KBA :

KBA 1376876 - SAP BusinessObjects products and components should be updated to the same Patch version level

Also, BI 4.0 and BI 4.1 share same license but BI 4.2 requires new license so either you can directly request for the BI 4.2 License or issue BI 4.0/4.1 license and then request the conversion to BI 4.2 using :  

Where and How to request License Key

Regards,

Mahak

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I'm looking for the stand-alone version of Crystal Reports 2016.  We do not have any other SAP / BI software.  The SAP store only lists the 2013 version, and I can't find it on Amazon / CDW / etc.

edmund_leong
0 Kudos

We are existing Crystal user, we want to upgrade to Crystal designer 2016, but we cannot find any place to download it in SAP website, even the trial version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ronald.schildt2 wrote:

But I'm looking for the stand-alone version of Crystal Reports 2016.  We do not have any other SAP / BI software.  The SAP store only lists the 2013 version, and I can't find it on Amazon / CDW / etc.

Well I guess CDW and Amazon got the software updates finally!  I did a direct download and am now up and running on CR 2016.