Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realignment process in IBP

luanribeiro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues, how are you?

Is it possible to do a realignment of demand from one product to another like we have in SAP APO?

Many thanks for your attention!

Have a nice day,

Luan Ribeiro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No, there is no nice standard possibility yet.

There are a couple of work arounds which I dont like too much

One simple possibility would be in Excel to have a VBA macro that copies values from pone figure to the next or simply do copy & paste, but the obvious disadvantage would be that this will not copy on lowest level but on aggregated level only

Another option would be by change of data model
But it will be quite a lot of effort and I did not (yet) build it end-end. Just a conceptual idea by adding steps that I have tested in other scenarios:

0) You want to move values in KF "PLAN" from old to new product

1) Depending on your requirements you need a grouping attribute on your product with an own planning level on it. You assign the same attribute value to your old and new product. No other products except the ones between which you want to move the value shall have the same attribute value assigned

2) Than you would need to copy the value on aggregated level from your source KF "PLAN" to a "backup" KF, so on aggregated level you have the same value than your input KF. E.g. if your old product has 100 per each month and the new has 0, the aggregated backup would have 100 as well. This means, the backup KF is defined at aggregated level of your attribute only and not on product level

3) Next you need either an additional atribute for status, type integer so you could easily check in KF calculation. Your initial product gets e.g. status 0, your new status 1. Than you have a calculated KF that checks on the attribute value and sets constant value 0 per each period when status is 0, and constant value 1 when status is 1.

Or alternatively and with more flexibility you create directly a stored KF "Phasing" in which you than maintain 0 for the old and 1 for the new value

(in excel I would display the KF in percentages-format).

With that you could make it time depending when you move the values, and you could model some kind of phase-in-phase-out by maintaining move of 20% in May, 50% in June and 100% in July

This either calculated or maintained KF would be needed on detailed product-level

4) Create Split Factor based on the "Phasing" from step 3

5) Have a calculated target KF that takes the backup from aggregated level and multiplies by the split factor on detailed level. That would result in 0 for the old and 100 for the new product

6) Create a copy operator on product level that copies from the calculated target KF from step 5 back into your original planning KF "PLAN" from Step 0. Dont forget to execute this only for your relevant product

You may find as well a way with the help of HCI. But still you would need some kind of mapping between old and new product (the attribute from step 1) and some kind of time restriction in which horizon you want to move. I think this would make more or less the same effort and would be less flexible

I know this is a nasty workaround, but I think it should work as all seperate steps in themself do work.

Or you wait until SAP provides a new solution. I cannot tell you if or when it will come, I only know it was discussed already

Irmi

luanribeiro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Irmhild,

I appreciate your answer!

I thought about the HCI way to achieve this but I agree with you that it may lose some flexibility.

I will test the Data Model solution and once I´m able to replicate it, I will try to post it here to help other users that have the same requirement.

Many thanks for your help and have a nice day!

Luan Ribeiro

Answers (0)