cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman SLD Configuration Issue

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing the issue on Solman SLD Configuration, in this configuration level 6.2 while running local SLD setup I am facing the below issue.

which was attached the file( attach file1).

This error is because, I am using Client '000' for solution manager configuration instead of client[001] ( client [001] is having the java users for Java stack) and With reference to IMG Activity information ( In Txn - SPRO --> SAP reference IMG --> SAP Solution manager -->  Technical settings --> Clien copy --> copy client) and other online resources I understood that, If we can import the user master from the client [001] into client [000], Then this error will be resolved.

So, I am trying to Export the User master from client[001]. But, it is getting cancelled. because TR is not generating, due to the permission issue.

Details :

Solman =  <SID>adm is : soladm

ECC dev = <SID>adm is : devadm

As both the servers are in same system. Please find the attached file2 screen which shows that all the files are having ownership of 'devadm'. So TR is not generating with respect to 'soladm'

Can we change the ownership of this folder? if we change what will be the issue for ECC-Dev server?

Please guide me..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

You seems have many issues, if i completly understood that you have fresh SAP System.

you mentioned your JAVA is connected to 001, it is fine, but why you looking for Import of users to 000?

you can just Login to 001 Client and proceed to run the steps of solution Manager configuration. it works without any Trouble.

this is very simple than all your workarround.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jansi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I started to configure from 001 client.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for reply @Jhansi Rani Murugesan and Thomas.

Yes we have fresh sap system ,We are already middle of the configuration(solman_setup)

which was started with 000 client so we are try to import the user master records of 001

clents to 000 client.

So that, when we trying to Export the user master records from 001 client in Tcode: scc8 it was not

successful,because there was problem in creating of TR due to the above file ownership

issue in trans folder.

Status in SCC3 for User master cancellation below:

Development system and solman system existed in single host, so that hostname is same for

both systems & path (usr/sap/trans) also same.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap

you should first check the SAP recommendation as per below note.

1630984 - Which Client Copy options to use for SAP Solution Manager to create a new Client ?

further proceed with solman_setup

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I would question why instance DEV and SOL share a /usr/sap/trans because they are not part of the same transport domain, hence you might want to have a dedicated trans directroy for each.

However, for the actual transports I would'nt expect any issues if you allow SOL to write to that directory because transport files contain the <SID> in the filename.

Regards

Thomas.