cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing information into a variant configurator

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is looking to move to using SAP's variant configuration to configure our bill of materials and handle all the downstream SAP tasks.

Based on the limitation in the table structure and inability to handle complex iterations or math, it is very difficult to configure our product in the VC. I have a separate product that is our drawing automation software that effectively does the same thing as the VC, where is generates a full BOM but allows us to put in all of our engineering and safety rules and calculations into the program.

I am trying to find out if I can just pass this final bill of materials, or list of part numbers into the VC where it could handle all of the SAP tasks for sending out the order and assigning routers? All I want to do is avoid managing what are becoming too cumbersome of tables for the VC and not answering any configuration questions in the VC. I would like our end user to be able to use our automation  software to answer questions and configure a product, then have that system drop the list of part numbers that make up a BOM in a format that the SAP VC can read and then automatically move the order on.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John Peterson,

Its possible, use software to configure product outside SAP and pass components to create order specific BOM's in SAP

or

use software to configure product outside SAP and pass right configuration information to create sales order in resulting in BOM with specific components selected.

You can use BAPI's to create sales order and BOM's, get engage a good technical resource and explore the possibilities.

Thanks

Ritesh