cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why PGI item wise is done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could any one please tell me if GI is done item wise in VL06g then what date is updated in the field 'actual GI' in delivery? However my main question is 'if transportation module is implemented we create' shipment' taking the deliveries and then do the PGI for the deliveries which have been shipped successfully, but when do we use item wise PGI if the shipment takes the whole delivery? If required by business we do split the delivery item wise, but again the deliveries are only shipped, not the items, then why do we confirm PGI item wise?  Just need a perfect real time example to solve this confusion...

Thank you in advance......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Apart from other expert opinions I would like to add one point. When there is something damaged during transit we can use sales return as explained earlier or we can also use proof of delivery function. Damage stock will be refused by customer thus we can confirm POD for accepted stock.

Ayesha! Where did you see item wise PGI? I am interested to know this.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assumed the following scenario, plz correct me if I am wrong:

When two items of a same delivery are being shipped by a truck and if whole quantity of one item gets accidentally slipped or destroyed then only one item which is in good condition is shipped successfully and hence pgi is done only for that item in vl06g.

For item wise pgi for multiple items, what gets updated in the field 'actual GI' of that delivery?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ayesha,

from what I know, you cannot post partial goods movement for an outbound delivery in a standard system.

I assume this question is not about the case when finished goods are damaged in the warehouse before the truck leaves the plant premises, because in this case you would have updated the actual quantity during picking and truck loading, so you would not issue products, which are not physically on the truck.

After all, the driver is held responsible for the goods on his truck after he leaves the gate, so he would not accept to see products on his papers, that are not really there, not to mention gate security.

If you are interested about the case when goods are damaged during transportation, there are two main scenarios - delivering to end customers and stock transfers.

In DSD process during check - out you register what is on the truck when it leaves the gate and in check-in you record what is physically there when it comes back. In route settlement transaction the clerk registers what was delivered to the customer based on signed papers. So if there are any differences discovered, they are charged to the driver (automatic creation of sales order to the driver, delivery and goods issue, then manual billing for the driver difference). For the customer deliveries you post goods issue for the original ones and usually you update return items in the original order, create deliveries, post goods movement and bill them. As a result you get correct invoices and correct inventory (all this happens in background).

For stock transfers- you cannot have stock in transit at month end, so you can decide what to do with the broken/missing quantities and optionally you can charge the transportation company for breakages, if this was its fault. From what I know, there is no automated process in such case.

In all scenarios, that I have encountered so far, you post goods issue for the whole delivery, not for separate delivery items.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ayesha,

PGI is at a delivery level and cannot be done at an item level (of some items and not for others, in a delivery).

Taking your example, when two items in one delivery are loaded and leave the company warehouse, the entire delivery is PGI. During transit if there are some damages, this is not covered during PGI, it occurs during transit i.e. after PGI.

added - TSCM60 has explained several scenarios, can be divided before and after goods leaving the warehouse. Also clearly states PGI is at a delivery level. It would be helpful to have a read.

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter