Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error for recursive structure

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a recursive structure at Source as shown in the attached screenshot which should be mapped to target structure which is not recursive. I get  error when I try to map .

source field gets deleted or not found. kindly need your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahana,

The recursive nodes are problematic in the message mappings, AFAIK i think you can't deal with them, or simply i don't know how to do it.

I usually take two options:

1. When i can do it, i talk with the endpoint developers to transform the recursive nodes for another structure inside the XSD with 0..unbounded cardinality.

2. If the XSD can't be changed i do a previous XSLT mapping to transform the recursive node in a hierarchical one. (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2835567/xslt-templates-and-recursion)

I edit this message because Mark said that they are support but with restrictions: Recursive node in xsd | SCN

Regards.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I get some input on how to do XSLT mapping for this recursive node,I have never created XSLT mapping and my source payload is very huge.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to remove recursive structure at source.my target needs only one structure.so I need to keep the first occurance of relatedCity and ignore all other occurance of relatedCity in source payload

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahana,

If you want only one occurrence then try what i suggested above.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahana,

If your recursive nodes are constant then you can use them in the mapping, Can you try like this right click on the recursive node and expand the recursive structure and then use it in the mapping and test your mapping and see if it works.

Check below thread Message Mapping of Recursive Source Structure? | SCN

Regards,

Praveen.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sahana,

Recursive structures can not be handled in Graphical Message Mapping.

You have to use XSLT or Java mapping.

Recursive node in xsd | SCN