cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD: Output determination - Use of transmission medium = "Special function"?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you tell me what is the specific use of transmission medium = "Special function" (table TNAPR-NACHA = 😎 in the output determination for messages?

Transaction V/30

Thanks and regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys - Transmission medium 8 - special function is a very strong functionality that SAP has provided. You can have a business document perform a specific function everytime it is created, obviously as an output to that document. I am not sure about FICO areas, but I have worked on it in SD.

We do automatic shipment creation for deliveries. An output condition was created with access sequence of shipping cond and shipping point. Now whenever there will be a delivery created for this shipping point, it would trigger this output. The output is configured with special function transmission medium. The special function executes the program mentioned in the condition record set up. Through that program, we create a shipment that will have that delivery doc.

So then everytime a delivery is created, we would have a shipment document created for it without having to schedule another background job....!!!!

Likewise, you may accordingly utilize FICO documents and processing using special function output medium.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can specify your own programs with Transmission medium 8. What you do in your program is up to you.

Further help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c8/19889543b111d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm