Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De activating condition types

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to de-activate two condition types from sales document of sales doc type ZCD. I cannot remove them from the pricing procedure since the pricing procedure is used by other sales org too. ( i hope deactivation means not allowing the condition types to be set in the pricing in sales order !)

Iam thinking of creating a requirement routine and attaching to both the condition types so that if sales order is ZCD, the conditions will not be set in pricing procedure in sales document.

Is there any other way to achieve the above. Thru Config ?

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy the Pricing Procedure into a New Pricing Procedure. Remove the 2 Condition types and assign a new Document Pricing procedure for your document type "ZCD" .

Later if any changes required you can work on the new Pricing Procedure.

Regards,

SRK

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Whether it is possible to de activate the condition types through using condition exclusion ?. If so How ?

what if the same condition types are used in other pricing procedures ?

regards

sachin

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

What type of document is ZCD? what is it used for and how many pricing procedures do you have in total? and is this pricing procedure used for any other sales area or sales document?

The two condition types which you want to deactivate are they price condition type? is there any other condition type above or below them with similar category in pricing procedure?

Regards,

Naveen K.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

Create one routine and assigned to that condition type so that no one can use that condition.in case u need that condition to use in future u can remove that routine in pricing .

Discuss with abaper for logic that how technically deactivate while creating sales order.

Regards,

C.B Reddy

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sachin,

Is order type ZCD being used by other sales organizations? If yes, and you want to this change to be applicable for one sales organization and not all who use order type ZCD, then you need to consider that too in your routine (or design)

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sachin, members,

I feel that both the above suggestions - create and assign new pricing procedure and change access sequence, by introducing condition table (instead of condition tables already setup) with a field sales document type - will not be accepted by the client.

New pricing procedure and new DoPP, then assignment is too much of new objects just for deactivation of these two pricing condition types in ZCD.

Changing (removing, setting up in place of existing table) access sequence is risky, what about the existing condition records? business would have to create - maybe many many - condition records because of new condition tables, to check for existing setup working and the new ZCD pricing working.

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on your previous experience with the client and in the ideal case with this process - do you foresee a lot of additional changes coming?

If the answer is yes and the client frequently requests new condition types with complex calculations to be added, then a second pricing procedure could be a good idea for performance reasons, also if these conditions are now mandatory and you wish that they remain that way.

Other than that, changes to one or two conditions would hardly justify the creation of a new pricing procedure only to save development budget (the effort estimation for a routine such as the one you originally considered, is slightly higher compared to the time it would take you to set up a new pricing procedure).

Deactivating these two conditions with separate condition types is a good option if you have no issues with the performance. You will also need to check the existing printouts (probably you have some custom forms) whether there would be a need for adjustment for the other sales organizations. Depending on what  you use, the effort estimation could be high or almost none.

All three options have advantages and disadvantages.

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

I could not understand the below statement. how can below be done ?

"Deactivating these two conditions with separate condition types is a good option if you have no issues"

regards

sachin

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant that if you currently have no problems with pricing performance, adding 1-2 new condition types as suggested in his post - to use condition exclusion, then you will not notice a significant negative impact.

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina

I still could not understand. Jignesh pointed out to add sales order type in the access seq for the condition types.

Now my question is, whether it is possible to de activate the condition types through using condition exclusion ?. If so How ?

regards

sachin

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Originally I thought that  suggested condition exclusion, but now after re-reading his post I see that he meant simply adding a new access.

Yes, it is possible to achieve what you need with condition exclusion as well. This is pretty straightforward, you don't need step-by-step guides to do that.

In my opinion using condition exclusion is a safer approach in this aspect than adding a new access and maintaining condition records for the new access level for a condition type currently in use.

This is part of the things that you always need to check before introducing changes to pricing anyway and is one of the few disadvantages to have multiple similar pricing procedures - the time and effort to maintain them and ensure no negative impact in PRD is a bit higher.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sachin,

condition exclusion -

Do you refer to condition exclusion functionality or exclusion group functionality?

I am not sure how you will achieve this business need by either.

Of course, for condition exclusion, we need to look at the setup (where these condition types are in the step) in your pricing procedure.

TW

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you not de-activate the determination of these two conditions via Condition Records?

You can include Sales Order type in one of the access sequence and maintain the condition records accordingly. Thus if not condition record is maintained for ZCD Sales Doucment Type, the condition will not be determined in ZCD order types.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh

Whether it is possible to de activate the condition types through using condition exclusion ?. If so How ?

regards

sachin