Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix this delivery Bug?

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

Please help us in solving the below issue..

While SO will be created based on indents required by customer over phone and some times delivery will be done later days based on Customer requests..

If a sales order is created with some ship to party address-during delivery creations-this Ship to party address will be changed based on customer requirements( if same Customer will have his own premises at some other adjacent locations)

So while creating the delivery with VL01n-User will change this ship to party address to the new one.

But during this change-even though he changed to new address -some times this address will be coming as blank-there by in the smart forms too..

In a day if user is creating ten deliveries then this issue is coming example for 4th delivery-then for 6th-then for 10th delivery.(Inconsistent manner)

(Pl See screen shot 1)

But while trying to replicate the same at Delivery -the fields name,city,country are mandatory fields also at the field language as empty entry is where we will never have blank at this field..(See Screen shot 2)

Note: While checking this document in VBPA with ADRDA check-system is telling us that the address of this document has been changed--But we are surprised how system is allowing by missing mandatory fields that to inconsistent manner??(Pl see screen shot 3)

Also we are unable to get the replica in QAS/DEV as this was happening in PRD --so having a dilemma in raising a OSS message to SAP also..

Please help us on any other areas we can check for??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Don't take address from customer master record. Fetch address of ship to party from the sales order itself.

Go to Partner Functions tab on header or item level--> double click on the customer number--> address pop window will appear --> Here you can change address also.

Then ask your abaper to fetch address from the table VBPA table ADRNR field

I hope this will resolve your issue

Thanks and regards

Ram Manohar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

We have the same Problem! Do you have any solution?

Thanks and BEst regards,

Alexander

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

if I understood you correctly, this occurs at random with the same user and with the same customers.

I mean: user A sometimes can update successfully the address for customer B, but on the same day it can happen that for the same customer he gets a blank address.

Have you tried to find some correlation for the time frame? Anything out of the ordinary in SM13, ST22 when the delivery was created or updated?

I assume that this happens also when the user creates the delivery in VL01N, saves and then changes the address, not only in creation mode - is this correct?

And that if the same user discovers such problem, he can go to VL02N and update the address again - then all is fine?

Apologies if I am asking about things that you have probably done already.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina

Firstly thank you for helping me..

Not an issue-You are helping me so i will provide( indeed i have to provide) all necessary information..

As suggested by you- i just checked ST22-but No dumps at this delivery creation date.(SM13-I dont have the access to see-let me get it from my security team)

***I assume that this happens also when the user creates the delivery in VL01N, saves and then changes the address, not only in creation mode - is this correct?***

Yes-some times he may change the ship to address even in VL02n also--But i was surprised why the mandatory fields like Name,City etc..have been ignored completely by system in inconsistent manner--also we can see blank in Language field in screen shot1--as we never have blank option in this field and its search help(F4).

**And that if the same user discovers such problem, he can go to VL02N and update the address again - then all is fine?***

Yes--he can change the address until PGI not done-But once Goods posted we cannot have these fields in edit mode.(Here we are following Auto Invoice functionality along with PGI by using the BADI followed by BDC calling VF01 Tcode)

So he need to cancel these invoice first-Reverse PGI-Then re-do the process which is additional manual work again...

My user clearly says to me " Sir-If i am creating 50 deliveries in a day i cannot see every print out whether the address came or not..sounds practical to us"(recently our truck has been penalized by some check post police due to this mistake)

I was in a dilemma in raising this to SAP as mentioned earlier-Due to no replica in QAS/DEV...

I want  to ask all our members to the areas where i can miss out for?

Thanks again  Veselina for your help--Pl let me know any other information required.

Phanikumar

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Phani,

I can fully understand your concern for raising this matter to SAP, when you cannot reproduce the issue in DEV/QA environment. The main problem is that if you cannot provide a reproducible example for SAP, then they would probably ask you to activate trace in PRD, which you would prefer to avoid.

I am more than sure that you have already compared master data/customizing/developments/notes between QA and PRD (e.g. V09A001), so I am not even going to ask that.

Have you considered the following approach - ask the business user to create the same documents for one whole day in QA (same number of documents, same materials, same customers etc.) and record him doing that? The idea behind this is that sometimes the user cannot remember doing a specific step during document processing and he does not always follow the exact same sequence of clicks. This is a very slim chance, but still worth trying.

By the way, have you tried to track the changes to address data for the affected documents?

When you change the address in the delivery from the default, it gets a different number, which you can use in report RSSCD100. Maybe you can spot something out of the ordinary when you compare address changes for a 'good' and a 'bad' delivery. No guarantee that a change document would be created if the address was updated after the user saved the delivery though - one of the reasons why I mentioned ST22 and SM13.

From what the user told you, it appears that he discovers the problem after the delivery is processed in the warehouse and the goods movement is posted - during printing of the billing document. Did he or you encounter the same before the delivery is even sent for warehouse processing? Maybe if you can limit the time-frame when this happens, it could be easier for you to find the culprit.

Unfortunately apart from custom developments/system issues I cannot think of other possible causes at the moment.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have 2 address numbers in your screen shot.

Pass them into ADRC table and cross check whether any changes to address have been recorded or not.

Regards,

SRK

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SRK-Firstly thank you for your help..

As suggested we checked this ADRNR in ADRC table-but the upper one is with address(but this was related to Sold to)-the lower one showing as blank(This is related Ship to which is the issue now)

Any other suggestions please..

Phanikumar

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Clarify whether the Customer is a One Time Customer in system.

Regards,

SRK

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SRK-This customer is regular one only (not a one time customer)

As mentioned in my earlier post-our user will change the ship to address based on customer requests..

he will only change address-But the Customer Code will not be changed during entry..

Any other info required-Pl Let me know..

Phanikumar

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Phanikumar,

Please have a look at this document -

May it will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh

Firstly thank you for helping me.

Here my issue not with smart form alone-How system allowed blank address at delivery ship to level-That to with inconsistent manner?

Also If the address is blank here-The same will be copied to smart forms too..(we are already using mentioned technique as per your link)

Phanikumar

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

A Blank address in system will not allow you to proceed further. You can better raise the issue with SAP .

You can recheck onceagain for any Exits.

Regards,

SRK