cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN Upgrade disconnected at last step of Postprocessing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have upgraded solution manager to NW 702 SP17 and ST 7.1 SP14. We are almost last step of postprocessing while cleanup activity was done by SUM. Suddenly drive crashed and all gone, upgrade got disconnected.

When we login the system, checked that upgrade was done to the desired level and system (ABAP+JAVA) also up and running fine. LMDB, SOLMA_SETUP, workcenter all tcodes working fine.

Can you please let me know how I can validate the system is fine and all the functionalities are working properly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All tcodes are checked and also java engine and link working properly.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you're probably good to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not check the log file of SUM as D:/ where SUM all related S/W were there, gone.

We have reached our target stack level.

I have a question, is there any way to validate the business functionality of the system.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, I thought it was your frontend PC where you were running the SUM GUI that crashed. A disk crash on the server is more serious. I would say that your first order of business is to make sure that server is stable at the hardware and OS level, and if that checks out go on to make sure the database is ok. If the application starts up cleanly, then probably the database is fine, but it wouldn't hurt to double-check, perhaps run a consistency check against it.

Within the application, you can check all the usual suspects: SM28, SM21, ST22, DBACOCKPIT, SM13, SM50, SM51, SM37, OS07N, ST11, SMGW, and so forth. If all that looks good, perform some of the application functions in SM_WORKCENTER.

Also check out the Java engine at <system-url>:50001 (or 50000)/monitoring/SystemInfo, and drill into the component versions and so forth.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As you were upgrading the system the best would be to check the stack file for the components for the target system and the patch level and check if all the components in the Solution Manager system are on the same level. If you have completed all the upgrade related phases and if you were executing the cleanup phase then I would say you are all good but just to be sure you can compare the stack file information with the SP level of all the system components.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello S,

Normally the SUM process continues to run on the server even if the frontend has disconnected. Are you able to reconnect to it with your browser? If so, after logging in again you should be right back to wherever it left off (in fact, it would have continued until the next dialog input request or phase transition).

If you can't reconnect to it, you can check to see if the SAPINST process is still running on the server. You also could try restarting SAPINST if it crashed, as it will detect where it left off and should then give you the option to repeat the phase, continue, etc.

And, of course, you can go and check all the SUM logs. If this is a Windows server, you'll find them under C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir (you'll have to drill down from there, but it shouldn't be hard to find the right subfolder).

Cheers,

Matt