Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Quantity to Grey Out - Once Invoiced

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Just a quick question. My order quantities in sales order is shown editable even after the invoice is created fully for them. How to disable the user from changing the order quantity if the order is fully delivered or invoiced.

Can you please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

P.S : i have searched the SCN to my best , however didn't find any solution thread which suits my purpose..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, in the business scenario, there is no partial delivery in which case, you can set "A" for Completion Rule in your item category configuration

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

I have order where the SO created for 5qty , PO created for 4 qty and PGI & Invoiced for 4 qty (A/c not cleared). Sales order status still showing as not completed, Qty field is disabled and user not able to reduce the qty to 4 . (This is Individual purchase order process) Kindly provide your valuable suggestions

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE has been deployed to meet this requirement.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing the results. Good to hear that your issue has been resolved. Stay blessed and have a nice day ahead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Safeer, this is the standard behavior of the system that order qty can be changed even after invoice because business may require partial deliveries as mentioned by Mr. Lakshmipathi. I've few suggestions against your requirement take what suits you best

1. You can limit order qty for each item to 1 using standard configuration but this works well mostly for UOM PC. Settings can be done in VOV7 for your item category by checking order qty =1 check box.

2. Define a logic with the help of your abaper on sales order enhancement MV45AFZZ at FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION to modify the qty field to display mode after the creation of subsequent documents. Also, FORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE can be used for this case.

3. You can also set minimum order or delivery qty in material master sales org 1 tab under quantity stipulations, after setting the minimum qty, don't forget to set the error message to E in OVAH. Message would be V4-082 i believe as i've done this requirement once for my client and catered it using this option.

Choice is yours what to go for, do revert with your findings against this. I'm quiet keen to know that which option you'll choose. Thanks.

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably the second suggestion provided by you is considered to be the ideal one.

Thanks for all your valuable time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure don't forget to share the results. Thanks.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SO header status tab check for completeness.

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps I have not communicated my requirement better.

1. I have created a sales order , with 5 EA as order quantity

2. I have delivered the sales order fully & PGI also completed for 5 EA

3. I invoiced for all the 5 EA of materials.

4.The order status is now completed

5. Now a user went inside the sales order and maintained the order quantity as 10 EA , which is not supposed to happen. (they may add an additional line item which is different and not a probelm) ,

I want to know where we are maintaining the control to grey out the order quantity field , once we PGIed or Invoiced... ? Makes Sense...?

Any inputs...?

Cheers,

Safeer Rahman

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check thread how to disable quantity field in SO Sales document - Quantity is editable even afte... | SCN

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In contrast to the suggestions in the other thread, I would go for additional code that checks for increase in order quantities for delivered items and for adding items and protect that with a z* authorization object, added to roles for system users, firefighter and 1-2 persons per sales operation. The rest of the business users would just get an error message preventing them from saving the document.

For some reason I don't like the idea to lose another option for correcting problematic documents in PRD. When you give the responsibility to just 1-2 individuals in the organization, the situation is quite manageable.