Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring Alerts are not sent to specified mails automatically

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a situation where alerts are not getting distributed to mentioned mail i.d's from solution manager Technical monitoring setup. We have assigned templets to all the systems but we are able to see the alerts in Alert inbox.

We have verified few threads and as per recommendations we have maintained mail address for SOLMAN_BTC. But it did not resolve the issue. Please help with this situation.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath,

Please review the following SAP KBA:

Can you please confirm if the Alerts are in the Alert Inbox, as if there are no Alerts, there will be no notifications.

2219816 - How to troubleshoot Notification issues in Technical Monitoring

Please note the reconfiguration of the monitoring needs to be done when any changes have been performed to the system, please activate the monitoring for your systems again: Solman_Setup -> Technical Monitoring -> Define Scope -> Setup Monitoring -> Edit -> Apply and Activate

Regards,

Ruth

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ruth,

I tried deleting the email list and recreate in solman_workcenter Technical administration-->Notification settings as well.

Also I have activated the managed objects as well in step you have mentioned.

Checked almost all the points in Note 2219816.

Don't know where I did mistake. I am able to push the notifications manually from alert inbox. But these are not dispatched automatically.

Is there any other area I missed?

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amarnath,

Check if "Auto Incident Creation" is active. If you wants the alerts to be create make sure you have "Auto Incident Creation" as inactive and "Automatic Alerts Creation" as active.

Regards,

Leela.

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leela,

Yes Auto Incident Creation is inactive and Automatic Alerts Creation is active.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amarnat,

Check the below areas.
1) Do you have the mail server setup in SCOT? If yes try sending a test email.
2) Check if your user ID or the SAP user id which supposed to get the emails is assigned with an correct email ID.
3) Check the email list/distribution list(user IDs') which are added in the technical monitoring setup for sending the emails.
4) Check the mail send status in the SOST. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Leela.

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leela,

1) Yes have email server set in SCOT. We are able to send the alerts manually. But these are not pushed automatically.

2)  We have valid mail address as said we are receiving mails when we push them manually from alert inbox.

4) We do not see any mails in SOST.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Check if the below notes suits your issue.

1581460 - SM 7.1: Steps for Auto-notification in Alert Inbox

Also check the below area.

regards,

Leela.

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leela,

I have checked the Note you have mentioned. Earlier to troubleshoot I have cross check the note. As specified in your screen shot I have valid ID'S added in the list.

Really don't understand where I missed.

Also can you help me where all I have to check further.

Best Regards,

Amarnath