Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing value from input filed present inside sap.ui.table

former_member194533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a sap.ui.table with 6 rows and three columns .

Controller code .

var empJSONObj = new sap.ui.model.json.JSONModel();

var empData = {

empList:[

{empid:"10000001",empname:"eizwan",designation:"Sr Analyst"},

{empid:"10000006",empname:"aizwana",designation:"Sr tester"},

{empid:"10000002",empname:"dajiya",designation:"Jr Analyst"},

{empid:"10000003",empname:"cehan",designation:"Associate"},

{empid:"10000004",empname:"Tazmeen",designation:"software engineer"},

{empid:"10000005",empname:"lrif",designation:"Sr Architech"}

]

};

empJSONObj.setData(empData);

sap.ui.getCore().setModel(empJSONObj,"empModel");

Table .view code

<t:Table id="idtab" rows="{empModel>/empList}" title="Employee Data" visibleRowCount="3" selectionMode="Single" navigationMode="Scrollbar" 

selectionBehavior="Row"     >

<t:Column>

<Label text="Employee Id"></Label>

<t:template>

<Text text="{empModel>empid}"></Text>

</t:template>

</t:Column>

<Label text="Employee Name"></Label>

<Input value="{empModel>empname}" ></Input>

<Label text="Employee Designation"></Label>

<Text text="{empModel>designation}"></Text>

</t:Table>

I want to access each row and check if the value is there in input field or not . If value is there they i wan to disable my input field . else nothing .

I have written the follwing logic for that .

var rows = this.getView().byId("idtab").getRows().length;

for(var i=0;i<rows;i++)

{

var data = this.getView().byId("idtab").getRows()[i].getCells()[1].getValue();

if(data!="")

{

this.getView().byId("idtab").getRows()[i].getCells()[1].setEnabled(false);

}

}

The above logic is working fine but it is working only for 3 row because the visible row count is only 3.

Can you suggest why this getRows() function is returning only 3 rows when i have 6rows . Please suggest how to access the input fileds present in all rows . I am attaching the output .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would say use a formatter and handle the enabled property of the input field based on the property you have bound from the model.

eg :

<Input value="{prop1}" enabled="{path:'prop1', formatter:'.formatInputEnabledBasedOnProp1'}">

in the controller :

write the formatter logic :

formatInputEnabledBasedOnProp1 : function(boundProp){

if(!boundProp){

return true;

}else{

return false;

}

}

NOTE : the "." before the formatter function is because i am writing it in the controller. If you will be using the formatter in multiple places, I would also suggest you create a separate file and call the formatter function.

Best Regards

Deepshikha

former_member194533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply .

Is there any other way apart from using formatter ? Kindly let me know if any .

Thanks

Rizwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

I would say use the formatter, thats the best approach to it.

However the alternative is :

var aItems = this.byId("tableId").getRows();

if(aItems && aItems.length >0){

for(var i=0; i<aItems.length;i++){

var sInputValue = aItems[i].getCells()[1].getValue();

if(!sInputValue){

aItems[i].getCells()[1].setEnabled(false);

}else{

aItems[i].getCells()[1].setEnabled(true);        

}

}

}

I did not understand why you have set visibleRowCount="3".

Best Regards

Deepshikha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the formatter given earlier, there was a mistake with the return value. Corrected it in this one :

formatInputEnabledBasedOnProp1 : function(boundProp){

if(!boundProp){

return false;

}else{

return true;

}

}

Apologies for the mistake.

Regards

Deepshikha

former_member194533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Same code i have used .But the problem is

var aItems = this.byId("tableId").getRows(); ---> this line is not giving the enire rows . Its giving only the rows of visible row count . If i dont mention visible row count then by default it vl return 10 . What if i have more than 10 rows in the table ? At the time this logic is not working . Any sollution for this ?

Thanks

Rizwan

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

getRows() will fetch you only the rows that are loaded at DOM level. So, as others suggested it's better to use a formatter, since we can toggle the Boolean value based on model value.

Let us know the reason, why you don't want to use a formatter for your scenario. If it is a hard requirement, then we will have to check for an alternative solution which involves lots of coding.

Best Regards,

Sai Vellanki.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rizwan

<t:Table id="idtab" rows="{empModel>/empList}" title="Employee Data" visibleRowCount="3" selectionMode="Single" navigationMode="Scrollbar"

selectionBehavior="Row"     >

its because ur specifying visibleRowCount="3"

Former Member
0 Kudos

or better u apply formatter

<Input value="{empModel>empname}" enabled="{path:'empModel>empname',formatter:'test.util.Formatter.disable'}" ></Input>

And in formatter :

disable:function(value){

if(value=="")

return false;

}

former_member194533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madihalli,

Even though you dont specify visibleRowcount =3 , it takes the default value ie 10 , Again the same problem will encouner . You can access 10 rows only . After ten rows again same thing will repeat . So removing visibleRowCount is not the sollution .

Thanks

Rizwan

former_member194533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Using formatter is a correct approach . But is there any other way through which I can read each row and access the UI element(input field ) inside the table ??

Actually the below code  highlighted in italic is working fine but only for 3 rows = visible Row count . How can we work it out for all the rows ?

for(var i=0;i<rows;i++)

{

var data = this.getView().byId("idtab").getRows()[i].getCells()[1].getValue();

if(data!="")

{

this.getView().byId("idtab").getRows()[i].getCells()[1].setEnabled(false);

}

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rizwan u can set setVisibleRowCount(odata.length);

reward if helpful

thanks