cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get multiple values for a characteristics in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am Working on variant configuration Scenario and looking for solution for below requirement:

Characteristics :

i). CNPL

ii). ADDM

iii). COMP

Values:

i). Values for Char. CNPL: A, B, C, &D

ii) Values for Char ADDM: X, Y, Z

ii). Values for Char. COMP: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60,70,80,90,100

Requirement:

In Sales Order

If I select Char CNPL with value 'A' & Char with value 'Y'

How System will show  20, 30, 50, 80,100 values for Char COMP.

Like wise for other combinations of values for Char CNPL & ADDM , Values of Char COMP will change.

Could you please help in this Regards.

Thanks

Prasad J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasad Joshi,

You requirement can be covered using dependency type precondition, see below link for more deatil on it.

Preconditions - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Example: Precondition for a Characteristic Value - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Create preconditions and assign it to values you want to be visible when specific value for other characterstics get selected.

ex.

Create precondition using below syntax,

$SELF.CNPL =  'A' & $SELF.CHAR = 'Y' assign it to values (20, 30, 50, 80,100) of charactertsic COMP. Please check the syntex.

It will hide (20, 30, 50, 80,100) these values in COMP if other 2 characterstics have different value then A & Y.

Hope it may help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ritesh for solution with examples and Given links.

It will definitely help me to fulfill the requirement for char. combination CNPL=A & ADDM=Y.

However as per your below statement

"It will hide (20, 30, 50, 80,100) these values in COMP if other 2 characterstics have different value then A & Y."

How i can proceed further if combination for chara. say CNPL=A & ADDM=X

and expected value to appear for Chara. COMP are 20, 40,70,80,100

so here values 20, 80 &100 are repeating.

Can we make it flexible like for any combination of values for Char CNPL & Char ADDM system can show the values for char COMP  from (10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100)

in some cases the values can be repeats.

Looking for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad Joshi.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasad Joshi,

If your issue is still not solved change back thread status to not answered.

I suggest plese go through SAP help link i sent in my previous reply, it will help you with basic understanding how preconditions work. Also the example i had given work when complete condition meet.

If  CNPL=A & ADDM=X instead of CNPL=A & ADDM=Y , the dependency will not trigger as the  situation is not meeting critaria. Check my previous reply again.

This example and the solution suggested are for developing understanding only , in real life your business process may demand a more then it.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you once again.

My issue has resolved now & I'm clear about the concept of Preconditions and other dependency type as well.

Thanks,

Prasad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should also be able to use Dependency Nets coupled with Variant Tables to accomplish what you're looking for.  Within Dependency Nets there are conditions and restrictions which can be applied to infer char values or not allow char values if other char values are present.

In the Variant Configuration Modeling Environment (tcode PMEVC) there is a Dependency Net wizard which can walk you through creation if you're not familiar with them.  Otherwise you can use tcode CU21 to create them.

One thing to keep in mind is you need to use restrictable characteristics for Dependency Nets to work.

Constraints: Restricting the Allowed Values - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Creating a Dependency Net - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Andrew for information regarding restrictable characteristics for Dependency Nets  and Varaint Configuration Modeling Environment transaction .

Its really help me in some combinations where I can restrict the specific values if other  char values are present. However I am also looking for the Char value combinations where I can use the same value as well if other values are present.

Lets say,

Combination 1: Char CNPL = A & Char ADDM= X

Expected results of values  for Char COMP= 20, 40,70,80,100

Combination 2: Char CNPL= A & Char ADDM= Z

Expected Result of Values for Char COMP = 10, 30, 70, 90,100

Like wise If combinations changes ,Values of char. COMP get change ( in some combinations values can be repeats as well)

kindly do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad Joshi