Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Logs in IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Good day!!

There is a task which got deleted from Identity center 7.2. Can you please provide information on how to get change logs with the timestamp and user id. As per my understanding, we won't get log who have it but still let me know if any way to find it.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

Infosys Limited

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt/Dominik,

Thanks for your reply.

We are looking for solution. We have already imported the deleted task from development to production.

However, we are looking for change log of the deleted task. When and who deleted that?

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

What change log are you referring to?

There might be something in your database server's logs, but in 7.x there isn't a lot of tracking based on what happens in the MMC console. As a matter of fact, I think there's virtually none

Matt

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Still I haven't received my answer. At least please suggest if there is anyway to find when the task got deleted/moved and Is there any table in database which stores these information?

Regards,

Saurabh

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

both Matt and Dominik answered your question, if it's stored somewhere who deleted the task with a No.

So saying "Still I haven't received my answer." isn't quite true, it seems it's just the answer you don't want to hear, which won't change it.

Regards,

Steffi.

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

As already informed by Dminik and Matt, you can not find who deleted the task details in IDM 7.2.

As per my knowledge, you can not find "when task has been deleted" as there is no such table which store deleted task information.

Regards,

C Kumar

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Please close the thread (by marking/sharing the correct answer) If your issue is resolved.

Regards,

C Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

We are referring to the deleted task change log. I mean when and who deleted that task?

Is it possible to get these details from anywhere?

It is really needed to for the client.

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oh, I got it now.

IdM doesn't track that. Plus, when your client doesn't use several SQL users for each person who has access they only would only see the SQL user doing it. I don't think that the Windows user logged on to the system the task deletion was executed on is logged anywhere.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't worked with it a lot yet, but I believe this is all addressed in IDM 8.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

As Matt and Dominik pointed out, restore from database back is probably the best option. However if you are lucky you maybe able to find the disappeared task in Lost and Found under the relevant Identity Store. This is the unfortunate thing with MMC.

Thanks,

KV

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First things first: Matt, you meant the mxp_tasks table, do you?!

I also think that restoring the DB would be best.

While upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2 I created several tables prefixed with idm71_ for the most relevant tables like the mc_jobs and mxp_tasks. I suggest something similar with a prefix like restored_. I did that because during the 7.1 to 7.2 migration several taskid's and jobid's were simply "lost". So it's practically the same case except I didn't had to restore data.

Depending on where you want so see the lost-and-restored information (SQL tool, monitoring tool, reporting) you could create views or SQL queries which expand the existing SAP delivered views with the newly created tables and then using these new views / queries.

E.g.:

Select * from mc_jobs union select * from restored_mc_jobs into a view named z_mc_jobs.

Actually, I don't use a view, only some monitoring query on the mxp_audit with select statements in the select section (I don't even know how they are called, I just use them):

select

(...) oldTaskname,

(...) newTaskname,

(... even more selects ...),

a.* from mxp_audit a

where ...

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't have my system open in front of me, so It's all good.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I'm afraid the only real way to do this is to restore a backup.

It might be possible for a DBA to restore the mc_job table from a log, but you'd then need to get it back into the Identity Store.  I can think of a few ways this might be possible, but I think that for one job it might not be worth the risk and level of effort.  You're better off restoring a backup to DEV.

Others might disagree on level of effort / risk, and if so they can comment more on this.

Regards,

Matt