cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qm_wm_im

0 Kudos

Hi When WM is active, how the GR is processes What are sequence of steps in which the process takes at each of IM, QM, WM.

I am trying to understand this correctly, because i have an issue that while stocks are visible in LS26 warehouse stock ,  The same stock is not visible in IM when we try to display the batch in MMBE.

Because of this UD for the lot is not taking place when we attempted.

Pl. help.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use report LX23 to check whether there  is any  inconsistency between IM & WM stock.

Please refer following consulting notes

SAP Note 535043 - Stock comparison with LX23: Difference between WM and IM

SAP Note 1871525 - Correction cases of stock inconsistencies between IM and WM

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hi ,

If the inconsistency is as follows:

in IM quality stock is 0 and in WM Q category is 500 ,  What we need to do exactly to correct the inconsistency and also pl. let me know.

For the same scenario:

How can we post the UD for inspection lot qty=500, Batch stock in Quality =0, WM (q)=500.

System is throwing error while trying to POST UD.

We are getting stuck on some more lots with a similar inconsistency in stock in quality.

regards,

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you check the OSS note 535043 and 1871525?

Did you execute LX23?

KBA 1871525 has given all the steps to correct such inconsistency.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hi ,

LX23 only allows you to see the differences in comparing IM /WM stock for the batches.

But it loots like it does not provide a way to correct the differences.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please read KBA 1871525 carefully.

Use Transaction QVM2 to post the total quantity from the inspection stock.

USe report ZQEVAC20 from OSS note  48815 - Checking possible inconsistencies between MM and QM.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

The Note you have advised to check are basically for correction of existing inconsistencies.  While i check follow the notes,

I would also request you let me know how to prevent the inconsistencies in the Inspection lot quantity and IM q .stock quantity.

Whether it is possible , are there are procedure to prevent them in an automatic manner.

regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

the report ZQEVAC20 from OSS note  48815 does not work if Inspection lot qty is less than batch qi QTY.

It shows a message the QI stock deficit.  after the message i am not able to correct the issue by the program.

will it only work if inspection lot qty>Batch QI  or IM QI qty.?

regards,

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

As far as I understand, this SAP note 48815 is a great tool to eliminate majority of inconsistency in stock between MM and QM level. But as soon as you have activated WM, there is another level introduced in the system: QM <=> MM <=> WM.

So before you can try out the Note 48815, you should double check if all TR/TO's related to the existing stock are confirmed and posted and there is no open movements pending by checking in LX23 and then LT24. If so, then ideally there will be no issues I believe.

What is the status in your system?

Thanks,

Arijit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this case use Transaction QVM2 to post the total quantity from the inspection stock.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnamoorthy

I am trying to explain you the basic integration between QM and WM. Please go through it

Config:

Plant should assign to Storage Location

Storage Location should assign to Ware House Number

Ware House should assign to Storage Type etc... (Please check with WM Consultant regarding Config).

1. Create Material With WM1&WM2 Views.

2. Create Inspection Plan for the material

3. Create Purchase Order

4. Do MIGO for the Purchase Order

5. Create Transfer Order for the material document in LT06

6. Confirm Transfer Order in LT12

7. Check Stock per Material in LS24

8. Do Posting Change in LU04 (Create TO for the posting change)

9. Display Transfer Order in LT21

10.Confirm Transfer Order in LT12

11. Check Stock per Material in LS24

12. Check Stock Overview in LS26.

If you expect in detail explanation with screen shots, Please wait upto 05.02.2016.

So that i can crate new document for the QM& WM Integration.

Regards

Suresh.M

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

when the above process taking place what happens to IM stock.  Can you pl. help to understand this

against each of the step that you mentioned in the above message.

That explanation would help to understand the steps more clearly.

regards,