cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check turn off for particular material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a specific requirement from client. They would like to turn of Availability check for particular set of materials during the sales order processing. They would like to run it manually and allocate quantities based on priority of the customer. Can someone suggest some userexit for handling this requirement or do I need to influence the ATP check. I checked the setting of Availability check but couldn't find any solution.

Any idea would be of great help.

Regards

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member212707
Active Participant

Try maintaining the value 'KP- No Check' in the availability check of the plant view in the material master. This will ensure that no availability check will happen at the time of order processing for the material. This might satisfy your requirement.

Thanks,
Ravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I select KP, then not sure, whether it will allow to do the availability check manually or not in the sales order.

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried?..From what i remember you should be able to manually change the schedule lines in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it will not wrk as V_V2 will confirm the balance items.

0 Kudos

Hello Niladri,

I have the similar requirement. Can you please let us know by chance what code changes or enhanced the FM to fulfil this requirement.

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanks for contributing. Anyway me and my technical team were able to figure it out. We enhanced the function module RV_AVAILABILITY_CHECK  to achieve the same. Created an identifier in the Material master and based on the identifier, system bypass the ATP check and doesn't confirms the quantities. It gives the option of manually confirming the quantities.

Regards

Niladri

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

If you really have to influence ATP to achieve what the client requests, there are some integration points to consider.

If I understood you correctly, your idea is to set somehow the confirmed quantity for these materials to 0 at the time of order entry and allocate the actual quantity at a later time with V_RA, when you have the list of orders for these products.

1. This means that you will might get a lower credit value against which to release (in standard credit check is run against the confirmed quantity and for these products you confirm 0 at first).

2. Because of this lower value an order passes credit limit check or it is released by the credit department - estimating the order as not not a big risk.

3. You allocate 5 out of total 10 EA of material X for this order, the credit value increases and it may be blocked for credit limit (depends on your OVA8 routine). If it is not blocked, then you have another problem, I think... e.g. order with credit value 2500 auto-approved for customer with credit limit 1600.

4.The credit department releases it from VKM4.

5. During credit release ATP check is run (unless you stop that with another development). After this release, depending on what you have changed:

5.1.For your product the quantity is set back to zero. You will get into a loop of quantity confirmation/quantity reset, or

5.2. The quantity gets confirmed in full (if you had enough stock to cover it). This means that you lost some of your work and have to allocate the quantity again for the same order. For the second time all is OK (hopefully).

6. So it looks as if 5.2. is a possible approach, all will be fine, just a bit more work... No, it is not.

6.1. Users will start complaining about the double work.

6.2. Credit release and ATP adjustments are done by separate teams, which do not communicate that often, they have different cut-off times. What are the chances that a credit clerk would know that the order from 5.2. should get less confirmed quantity and that he/she will call his colleague and tell him to allocate the quantity again? Credit departments run sometimes mass order recheck if they had issues with clearing, so they may not even notice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, the credit check should not be a problem. The only issue is to manually do the allocation for certain period and then later on let it be done automatically.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the main problem you face is high demand on certain materials, but short supply due to production capacity restrictions or some other reason, did your client consider product allocation in general for this period, so that he can distribute fairly among his customers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina

Product allocation we discussed, but it was ruled out as the quantities to be allocated varies as per the demand. They cannot have fix quantities every month.

Niladri

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am joing later.  But a certain delivery block will stop  ATP too.  Then they release the delivery block based on the customer priority "manually".

Regards

Waza

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I know, delivery block with quantity confirmation works on header level, at least according to sap note 19488 - Dely block w. confirmation block only on header lvl. What if they have also other materials in the order?

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct.  This just a scenario I used for a client a while ago as they did not want use V_V2.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warren

We can delivery blocks for those, but once released, automatic ATP check will confirm those. Basically Business doesn't want to confirm all quatities at a time. They would like to do those manually over a period of time.

Niladri

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out wiki how SD-specific control features need to be maintained in Customizing

Availability Check (ATP) and Transfer of Requirement (TOR) - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Niladri,

I believe you need to have a different schedule line category determined for this materials (one without ATP).

The schedule line categories are determined according to the item category and the MRP Type. So, you could assign a different MRP Type to your materials, or you could determine a different item category (check how item category determination works).

Regards,

Fortian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks, the problem with item category is that, the determination needs to be changes when business releases the item in further for normal/automatic ATP. Manual ATP check is to be done for a particular period.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The item category determination can be influenced by the material item category group which you can change in the material master., so you could change it once you want to switch on the ATP in order to determine the standard item category.

Regards,

Fortian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can try using the Rescheduling functionality in SAP, where even though the stock has been allocated for the other sales orders, still based on the priority of the customer, the stock can be rescheduled using the V_V2 tcode, Please search in the forum itself for more details,

Regards