cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry heart-beat monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wizards,

My customer is having the problem of Agentry becoming non responsive after the heart-beat is stopped.

Its a serious issue and only way to predict this before happening is  0,0,7 missing from events log. I am wondering if I can write some utility to monitor this heart-beat or keepalive parameter ? or is there any service I can ping on the server to see if server is working fine similar to 'I am here' from <SERVERNAME>:<PORT>/<APPNAME>

Any suggestions please?

Regards

Vivek Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Hi. We in SAP Support are auditing the health of our SAP Community Network (SCN) and we noticed that for some reason your question above was not answered. We are not sure how it fell into the crack of unanswered question.

I also believed that this issue was reported as an incident/ticket to SAP (a few months ago).  I believed you had some actions/solution presented (I cannot remember the number or when it was opened).  As I cannot find the incident that was opened before, I cannot share the resolution given to you by SAP.

If possible can you share your action/resolution for the other members of our SAP community to benefit?  Also to mark this question as answered with your solution to your incident.  This way people or users like you can search online for the solution.

Thanks for your participation in our SAP Community Network if you can update it.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We resolved this by writing a perl script which will read the events.log every ten min. We also reduced the heart-beat or keep-alive to some 15 min. The script will look for 0 ,0 , 7 in the logs for last 10 min. The script will then restart the app server if the heartbeat is not found.

We did reach out to SAP Support and all suggestions was greatly appreciated.

Regards

Vivek Nidhi