cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver MDM Business Partner Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

I have a Business Partner implementation scenario implemented in MDM and Syndicating data from MDM to SAP ERP through SAP XI/PI.

I have a field called industry it is pre populated with values as an example (A, B, C, D etc)and there is another field called Industry Sector pre populated with values (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

My requirement is if a user clicks in field industry and picks A , in Industry Sector field it should show the values of A=1,2,3 and the same if he picks picks B= 4,5,6 etc ....

As of now if user picks value A it is showing all values (123456 etc) instead of restricting the values to 1,2,3 as well as B,C,D etc... how can this be achieved in SAP MDM 7.1

Regards

Farai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farai,

In your scenario, since you mentioned that both Industry and Industry sector are lookup tables, I am assuming the values are static in nature.

In case these values are static, then you can write validation where in for Eg:

Industry A , Industry Sector - 1 or 2 or 3

If the user tries and selects any value but 1,2 or 3 they should get an error message that they can just select between 1,2 and 3.

In case the values in Industry sector are huge, then you need to ask EP to do this check for you at the front end.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Parul

Answers (0)