cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC SENDER CHANNELS FREQUENTLY GETTING LOCKED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have multiple interfaces between 3rd party system which are running on oracle,SQL and my SQL database.

In our production system we are facing jdbc sender channel locking frequently at least a single channel gets locked in a day.we are manually removing the locks from visual admin.

May I know the reason why these channels are getting locked?

What is the best approach to be followed in order to get rid of these lock?

This is happening from past one week.

Regards

Nagur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nagur,

You may wish to check the note #1510659 Improvement in Locking Logging and Monitoring in JDBC.

Regards

Eoin

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagur,

Set the additional parameter clusterSyncMode to lock as per this sap note 801367 - XI 3.0 JDBC Adapter: Additional Parameters

"lock": This option will ensure that there is only one instance of the channel running across server node. When this option is set, JDBC adapter acquires an enqueue service lock on the server node. Lock is taken on channel object and it is exclusive and non-cumulative such that no second instance (even it is from the same channel) can fetch the data from configured Database tables unless and until first instance has completed (success/fail) it’s processing. Another key aspect of this setting is that, the polling is submitted to all the server nodes. Therefore, the processing happens at all server nodes depending on the lock acquired by the instance.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki and praveen

I have checked disconnect the database after each transaction.

It was not happening previously we are facing the issue from past one week.

The only problem is we have around 250 sender JDBC channels setting the parameter in all the channels is complex.

For now i have created a copy of the channel and replace in the sender agreement.

Regards

Nagur

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagur,

I use the option of Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message to avoid the session can be keep hang, however if you have a little poll time, this could affect to the performance. Have you talked with the DB team in order to know if they have an huge number of connections opened?

If you talk with the SAP guys the probably will recommend to you to recollect traces with the XPI inspector.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nagur,

Please collect data, which channels are getting locked, when they are getting locked, are they getting locked in lower environments. Collect this information over a period of time (3-4 days). Once there is pattern, it would be easy to find root cause.

Usually JDBC channel get locked when multiple PI node or channel try to access same table OR due to network issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu

We have two nodes in our production server it may be one of the cause.

Regards

Nagur

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nagur,

Refer the note-821267,should be helpful.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 821267 is the FAQ for the file adapter. How would it be helpful for the JDBC adapter?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nagur,

Refer the below discussion and note-1083488

@Engg Thanks for pointing. Always helpful . 

While copying this note-1083488,copied by that one by mistake in dashboard. that's for File locking and other issues.